第23周 在医院
荧屏情景:
星期二 看病 片段选自《摩登家庭》第1季第6集 Modern Family S01E06 11:47--12:57
Doctor Miura: Hi. I'm Dr. Miura. I'm on call today. Looks like we have a little head bump.
三浦医生:嗨,我是三浦医生。我今天值班,看起来有个撞头事件。
Mitchell: Yeah, it happened a couple hours ago on a doorjamb.
米歇尔:是啊,几小时前撞到了门框上。
Doctor Miura: Oh, ouch.
三浦医生:哎哟。
Mitchell: We used to do this thing in school, where they would give you an egg, and you...you know, you couldn't break it. And it was supposed to teach you how hard it was to be a parent. But... The real thing, it's...it's...it's so much harder.
米歇尔:在学校时,我们曾学过这个。他们给你个鸡蛋,你不能打烂它,这是教我们做父母有多么艰难。但是……真做了才发现,要难很多很多。
Cam: We did that in my school, too. It didn't turn out so well. Went through a dozen eggs.
卡姆:我们学校也有。但结果不怎么好,用掉了一打鸡蛋。
Mitchell: Yeah, well, he's a nervous eater.
米歇尔:呃,他一紧张就猛吃的。
Cam: No, I broke a dozen eggs.
卡姆:不是,我打碎了一打鸡蛋。
Mitchell: Oh. I'm sorry. I just assumed that...
米歇尔:哦,对不起,我刚以为……
Cam: I know. I know what you assumed.
卡姆:我知道。我知道你在想什么。
Doctor Miura: There doesn't seem to be any mark.
三浦医生:看不到有什么伤痕。
Cam: Well, her head was... Somewhat protected.
卡姆:呃,她头有东西保护着。
Doctor Miura: Protected? Was she wearing a hat?
三浦医生:保护?她戴着帽子么?
Mitchell: Yes, yes. It was like a hat.
米歇尔:是啊,算是顶帽子吧。
Cam: It was a wig. Actually, sort of a ghetto-fabulous afro thing. I thought it might be medically relevant.
卡姆:是顶假发,一顶非洲爆炸假发。我怕会有什么医学上的联系嘛。
Mitchell: Really? You though "ghetto-fabulous" might be medically relevant?
米歇尔:是吗?你觉得“爆炸头”会有医学上的联系?
Doctor Miura: Maybe I should just finish with the exam?
三浦医生:让我先检查完,好吧?
Cam: Yes. Thanks. You'll be pleased to know that Mitchell and I intend on raising Lily with influences from her Asian heritage.
卡姆:嗯,谢谢。我想你知道的话会很高兴的,米歇尔和我打算用亚洲传统来养育莉莉。