第22周 在银行
荧屏情景:
星期四 贷款 片段选自《好好先生》 Yes Man 27:24--28:18
Woman: Excuse me. I'd like to apply for a small-business loan.
女:打扰,我想申请小额贷款。
Carl: And what's your business?
卡尔:请问你是做什么生意?
Woman: I bake cakes in the shape of different celebrities' faces.
女:我专门烘焙名人脸形蛋糕。
Carl: Oh, wow, Mickey Rourke.
卡尔:哦,哇喔,米基洛克!
Woman: No. It's Bono.
女:不对,这是波诺·鲍诺。
Carl: Oh. Yeah, right. Let's hope it doesn't taste like Mickey Rourke.
卡尔:对哦。希望吃起来不像米基洛克。
Woman: So, what do you think?
女:你觉得怎样?
Carl: I think yes.
卡尔:我觉得没问题。
Norman: Inta-maresting. Cakes, huh?
诺曼:有点儿意思,蛋糕?
Carl: Yeah. I just kind of went with my gut on it, Norm.
卡尔:是的,我完全是凭直觉,诺。
Norman: You called me Norm.
诺曼:你叫我诺。
Carl: Yeah.
卡尔:是啊。
Norman: Could that, like, be my nickname?
诺曼:能不能当我的小名?
Carl: Yeah. I guess.
卡尔:我想没问题吧。
Norman: Oh, nice. I like your style. Car that could be yours.
诺曼:哦,太好了,我喜欢你的幽默感。你的小名就是小卡。
Carl: Yeah. Carl's pretty short already, but.
卡尔:好,虽然卡尔已经算是小名。
Norman: But it's the kind of dazzle we need around here.
诺曼:我认为在这大家都需要一个小名。