第7周 开会
荧屏情景:
星期一 家庭会议 片段选自《律政巾帼》 第1季第9集 The Good Wife S01E09 08:56--10:05
Mother: Okay, this won't take long.
妈妈:好吧。这不会太长。
Boy: It's Okay, Mom, really.
儿子:没事的,老妈,真的。
Girl: No one's saying anything.
女儿:没人有意见。
Mother: All right, well, then, just listen for my sake. I want you to know what's true and what's not. I don't know what your father told this woman, and I can't stop her from saying what she's saying, but I can always tell you the truth, and none of this is true.
妈妈:好,那看我面子上听着。我想让你们分清事实,我不知道你父亲和那个女人说了什么,我不能捂着她嘴不让她说,但我总能告诉你们事实。那就是这都是假的。
Boy: Thanks, Mom.
儿子:谢谢,老妈。
Girl: What does dad say is true?
女儿:那老爸说的什么是真的?
Mother: I don't know.
妈妈:我不知道。
Girl: He hasn't talked to you?
女儿:他还没联系你?
Mother: He... He tried, but I haven't returned his call.
妈妈:他打过电话,但我没打回去。
Boy: Why?
儿子:为什么?
Mother: I've... I've been angry.
妈妈:我……还是有点生气。
Boy: But if it's untrue...
儿子:但这件事是假的话……
Girl: It's still true that he slept with her.
女儿:他和她睡过还是真的啊。
Boy: Yeah, but he already apologized for that.
儿子:是的,但是他已经道过歉了啊。
Girl: It doesn't make it any less wrong.
女儿:道过歉,也不能纠正错误的。
Mother: Okay, okay, it was my mistake. I should have called him back and I will. I will talk to your dad.
妈妈:好了,好了,是我的错。我应该打给他,我会打的。我会找你们爸爸谈的。
Boy: Why don't we talk to him, ask him everything?
儿子:为什么不能由我们来跟他问清楚?
Girl: What, like if he had a three-way?
女儿:问什么?他是不是有过“三向”?
Boy: It's not a three-way, it's a threesome.
儿子:不是“三向”,是三人游戏。
Girl: Yeah, but you can still say "three-way."
女儿:才不是。
Boy: No, you can't.
儿子:就是。
Mother: Okay. Family meeting's over.
妈妈:好了,家庭会议结束。