I guessed he was going to see Ben Gunn,
我猜测他是去和本·葛恩碰头的。
and thought the doctor was lucky to be walking in the cool shadows of the wood.The house was hot and smelt of blood,and there were dead bodies lying all around.
我甚至羡慕他走在树林的阴凉里。木屋里热得很,周围有那么多的血,横着那么多尸体。
Suddenly,I wanted to get away from that place-and I had an idea!
忽然间我想逃离这地方—我有了主意!
I would go and look for Ben Gunn's boat!Perhaps we would need it some time.
我去看看本·葛恩的小船。也许我们什么时候用得着它。
That was my excuse to myself,although I knew it was wrong of me to leave only two unwounded men to guard the stockade.
这只是我自己的借口而已,我知道只留下两个未受伤的人守卫木屋是错误的。
It was also wrong of me to leave secretly,but that is what I did.
而且我这次擅自行动也是不合适的,但我还是这样做了。
I filled my pockets with bread,then took two pistols and the powder for them.
我把两只口袋装满了面包,然后拿了两把手枪,带上足够的弹药。
When Gray and Mr Trelawney were helping the captain,I climbed quickly out of the stockade and ran into the trees.
乡绅和葛雷正忙于照顾船长的时候,我迅速爬出木屋,跑进了树林。
I made my way towards the east coast.
我一直向东海岸走去。
It was late in the afternoon,but still warm.
已经是下午晚些时候了,还是那么热。
Soon cool air began to reach me,and suddenly there was the sea.
不久凉爽的风阵阵袭来,我突然到了海边。
I walked along the edge,then up to a small sand-covered hill.
我沿着海边走去,走上一个沙子覆盖的小山。
关于《金银岛》
故事的主人翁吉姆,是一个十岁大的小男孩,吉姆的父母在黑山海湾旁经营一家旅馆名为「本鲍上将」。