The Homebrew Computer Club had ideas of how small, little people
家酿电脑俱乐部的理念是
who knew things about computers
那些懂计算机技术的小人物
could change the world, could become masters.
可以改变和主宰这个世界
The Homebrew Computer Club took computing out of the hands of big business.
家酿电脑俱乐部让计算机技术摆脱了大公司的掌控
What happened was you wanted a computer or a piece of software
比如说 你想去买一台电脑 一种软件
or some product that didn't exist.
或者一款尚不存在的产品
You looked around, it didn't exist. So you built it.
当你发现它并不在市面上时 就自己动手把它做出来了
Then you showed it to your friends, cos everyone wants to show off,
人都是有虚荣心的 你做好之后 自然会把它拿给朋友们看
and your friends would say, "This is great, can I have one?"
他们就会说 "呀 这真不错 我能要一个吗?"
The values were sharing. If you have parts that can help people.
这个俱乐部的核心精神就是分享
If you have knowledge, you'll share.
每个人都会分享有价值的部件和信息
Wozniak brought Jobs to the Homebrew Computer Club
Wozniak把乔布斯带到家酿电脑俱乐部
where he was showing a new computer he had made.
就是为了要展示一台他新做的电脑
It would become the Apple I.
也就是苹果机一代的前身
He saw a business opportunity that all these people wanted to build
他从中看到了商机 这些人都想要我设计的这种电脑
my computer design, but they didn't have building skills.
但是他们自己没能力做出来
And he thought,"We'll put out some money,
于是他就想 "干脆我们弄点钱
design a PC board, we'll make it for $20, we'll sell it for $40.
设计一种个人电脑主板 花20美元成本 卖40美元
And I didn't know if we'd sell enough to get our money back.
我不确定我们能否收回成本
We'd have to sell about 50.
因为至少得卖50个主板才能赚钱
And I didn't know if there were 50 people who would buy my computer."
我可不知道会不会有50个人会买我的电脑"
And Steve said, "Yeah, maybe we won't get our money back,
但乔布斯还说 "也许我们确实赚不到钱
but then for once in our lives,
但是我们俩这辈子
finally, the two of us will have our own company."
终于有机会创办属于自己的公司了"
Wow, man. He was... OK, he was the leader on that.
老天 他... 好吧 我听他的了
In 1976, Wozniak and Jobs began selling the Apple I computer
1976年 Wozniak和乔布斯在乔布斯家的车库里
from the Jobs family garage.
开始售卖苹果机一代
Buyers had to add their own case.
买家必须自己给电脑加上外壳
The birth of Apple as a company had been masterminded by Jobs,
苹果公司的诞生是乔布斯一手策划的
a hippy with a business brain.
他是个拥有商业头脑的嬉皮士