手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 托福 > 托福听力 > 托福听力真题听写 > 正文

托福TPO-06 Conversation 1

来源:可可英语 编辑:mike   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Narrator:Listen to a conversation between a student and an employee in the university's career services office.

独白:请听下面一段学生和大学职业服务办公室工作人员之间的对话。
Student:Hi, do you have a minute?
学生:嗨,你有空吗?
Employee:Sure, how can I help you?
工作人员:当然。我能帮什么吗?
Student:I have a couple of questions about the career fair next week.
学生:我想问几个关于下周招聘会的问题。
Employee:OK, shoot.
工作人员:好的,说吧。
Student:Um ...well, are seniors the only ones who can go?
学生:嗯。。是只有高年级学生能去吗?
I mean, you know, they are finishing school this year and getting their degrees and everything.
我的意思是说,你知道的,他们今年要毕业了还要拿学位及等等事情。
And, well, it seems like businesses would wanna talk to them and not first year students like me.
并且,那些企业看起来想跟他们聊聊,而不是像我这样的一年级的学生。
Employee:No, no, the career fair is opened to all our students and we encourage anyone who's interested to go check it out.
工作人员:不,不,这次招聘会是对所有学生开放的,我们鼓励任何感兴趣的人去看看。
Student:Well, that's good to know.
学生:恩,这倒是不错。
Employee:You've seen the flyers and posters around campus, I assume.
工作人员:我想你已经看到那些学校里的宣传单页和海报了吧。
Student:Sure, can't miss them. I mean, they all say where and when the fair is, just not who should attend.
学生:当然看到了。我是说,只是写着招聘会在哪儿及什么时间召开,而没说谁应该参加。
Employee:Actually they do, but it's in the small print.
工作人员:有写啊,只是在附属细则里。
Uh, we should probably make that part easier to reach, shouldn't we?
恩,我们可能该把那部分印得更容易看到。
I'll make a note of that right now.
我现在马上就把这个事记一下。
So, do you have any other questions?
那么,你还有别的问题吗?
Student:Yes, actually I do now.
学生:恩,我的确有。
Um ...since I'd only be going to familiarize myself with the process, you know, check it out, I was wondering if there is anything you recommend that I do to prepare.
恩。。因为我只是想先熟悉一下这个过程,想看看,我想您是否有什么推荐我需要准备的?
Employee:That's actually a very good question.
工作人员:这个问题问得好。
Well, as you know, the career fair is generally an opportunity for local businesses to recruit new employees,
恩,你知道的,这个招聘会通常是一次本地企业招聘新员工的机会,
and for soon-to-be graduates to have interviews with several companies they might be interested in working for.
并且给那些即将毕业的学生提供一些他们感兴趣的想去工作的公司的面试机会。
Now, in your case, even though you wouldn't be looking for employment right now, it still wouldn't hurt for you to prepare much like you would if you were looking for a job.
现在,对于你的情况,即使你现在不找工作,你就像你要找工作那样好好准备一下也没有任何坏处。
Student:You mean, like get my resume together and wear a suit?
学生:你的意思是说我带上简历,并且穿西装?
Employee:That's a given.
工作人员:这只是假设啊。
I was thinking more along the lines of doing some research.
我在考虑做一些调查。
The flyers and posters list all the businesses that are sending representatives to the career fair.
宣传单页和海报列举了所有要派代表去招聘会的企业。
Um ...what's your major urge you to have one yet?
嗯,你是主修什么让你想参加这次的招聘会?
Student:Well, I haven't declared a major yet,
学生:恩,我还没有申请专业呢,
but I'm strongly considering accounting.
但是我强烈地考虑学会计。
See, that's part of the reason I wanna go to the fair, to help me decide if that's what I really want to study.
这就是我想去参加招聘会的部分原因,帮我决定一下会计是否是我真正想学的。
Employee:That's very wise.
工作人员:你太机智了。
Well, I suggest that you get on the computer and learn more about the accounting companies in particular that would be attending.
嗯,我建议你上网去了解一下,特别是那些这次要参加招聘会的公司。
You can learn a lot about companies from their internet websites.
你能从这些公司的网站上了解到这些公司的很多情况。
Then prepare a list of questions.
然后再准备一系列的问题。
Student:Questions, hmm… so, in a way, I'll be interviewing them?
学生:问题,嗯,从某种意义来说,我来面试他们?
Employee:That's one way of looking at it.
工作人员:那只是看待的一种方式。
Think about it for a second.
可以想想看,
What do you want to know about working for an accounting firm?
在一家会计公司工作你想知道什么?
Student:Well, there is the job itself, and salary of course, and working conditions,
学生:嗯,工作本身,当然还有薪水、工作环境,
I mean, would I have an office, or would I work in a big room with a zillion other employees, and…and maybe about opportunities for advancement.
我的意思是说,我是否有一间办公室还是要跟无数的其他员工挤在一间大屋子里,还有,晋升的机会。
Employee:See? Those're all important things to know.
工作人员:你看吧,这些都是需要了解的重要事情。
After you do some research, you'll be able to tailor your questions to the particular company you are talking to.
在你做了一些研究以后,你就能针对你面试的某个公司问一些适合的问题。
Student:Wow, I'm glad I came by here.
学生:哇哦,我真的很高兴来这里咨询。
So, it looks like I've got some work to do.
那么,看起来我得做些事情了。
Employee:And if you plan on attending future career fairs, I recommend you sign up for one of our interview workshops.
工作人员:如果你计划参加将来的招聘会,我建议你报名参加我们的一个面试案例分析会。
Student:I'll do that.
学生:我会的。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
urge [ə:dʒ]

想一想再看

vt. 驱策,鼓励,力陈,催促
vi. 极力主

联想记忆
recruit [ri'kru:t]

想一想再看

v. 招募,征兵,吸收(新成员),补充
n.

联想记忆
interview ['intəvju:]

想一想再看

n. 接见,会见,面试,面谈
vt. 接见,采

 
narrator [næ'reitə]

想一想再看

n. 叙述者,讲解员

 
particular [pə'tikjulə]

想一想再看

adj. 特殊的,特别的,特定的,挑剔的
n.

联想记忆
conversation [.kɔnvə'seiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 会话,谈话

联想记忆
encourage [in'kʌridʒ]

想一想再看

vt. 鼓励,促进,支持

联想记忆
assume [ə'sju:m]

想一想再看

vt. 假定,设想,承担; (想当然的)认为

联想记忆
opportunity [.ɔpə'tju:niti]

想一想再看

n. 机会,时机

 
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 托福TPO-05 Lecture 3 2013-07-21
  • 托福TPO-05 Lecture 4 2013-07-22
  • 托福TPO-06 Lecture 1 2013-07-24
  • 托福TPO-06 Lecture 2 2013-07-26
  • 托福TPO-06 Conversation 2 2013-07-26
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。