The crew seemed happy, which was not really surprising.
船员们似乎都很高兴。这也不足为怪,
No ship's company was ever so well looked after ,with plenty to eat and drink;
因为没有一艘船有这样的待遇。船员们有足够的吃喝,
and a barrel of apples open for any man to take one.
还有一桶苹果,任何人都可以吃。
And it was the apple barrel that saved our lives.
而正是这苹果桶救了我们的命。
It was the day before we expected to see Treasure Island.
那天是我们预计到达金银岛的前一天。
The sun had gone down ,all my work was done, and I thought I should like an apple.
太阳已经落山,我也忙完了手中的活计,我准备吃个苹果。
The barrel was nearly empty and I had to climb right inside to get my apple.
苹果桶快空了,我只好钻进去拿苹果。
As I sat there in the dark, the ship moving gently in the water, I almost fell asleep.
我在黑暗中坐着,船在水上轻轻颠晃,我都快睡着了。
Suddenly ,the barrel shook as a heavy man sat down and rested his shoulders against it.
忽然,苹果桶剧烈地晃了一下,一个人坐下来,倚在苹果桶上。
The man began to speak and it was Silver's voice.
那个人开始讲话,我听出是西尔弗的声音。
Before I had heard a dozen words, I was trembling with fear.
只听他说几句话,我就吓得直发抖。
I understood from those words that the lives of all honest men on the ship depended on me alone!
那些话使我知道船上所有好人的生命都系于我一身。
关于《金银岛》
为青少年读者描绘的这幅探奇冒险的寻主图,既散发着浓厚的孩童情趣,又飘逸着诱人的冒险气息,使这部作品一直深受青少年读者的喜爱。