It was just a dinner.
不过是一顿晚饭
Not to me.
对我来说 没这么简单
Ever since I've got here,
从我来这儿那天起
all I've wanted is to be a player in the scenes,
我就想方设法在这里占有一席之地
not lurking behind them.
而不是躲在他们身后看戏
So the...
这么说
Whole loyal employee thing is just an act?
你所有的忠心耿耿都只是做戏
My loyalties lie with Ashley.
我只效忠于阿什莉
I have to make a name for myself.
我必须靠自己打出一片江山
I don't get to sit on my ass
我没那么好命
and watch my inheritance grow
能像那些二十多岁的纨绔子弟一样
like every other spoiled 20-something around here,
游手好闲等着继承家族财产
yourself included.
你也算一个
Ash, you've got me all wrong.
阿什 你彻底误会我了
My father's company is bankrupt,
我父亲的公司破产了
and my family's been dealing with massive debt.
我家欠下了巨债
I'm their only hope of rebuilding.
我是家族崛起的唯一希望
Why didn't you just tell me that?
你以前怎么没跟我说过这些
Because I was afraid you'd tell them.
因为我怕你告诉他们
Well, you see how these people are.
你也知道这些富人是什么德行
They smell blood in the water, and you're as good as dead.
都盼着墙倒众人推
That still doesn't explain why you stood me up.
但这也不是你放我鸽子的理由
I went to Conrad's office in the city tonight,
今晚我去了趟康拉德在城里的办公室
and I made copies of his confidential database.
拷贝了他的机密数据库
This time next year,
明年的今日
he won't make a single decision without consulting me.
他的任何决定都得与我商议
I'll be indispensible.
我将成为他不可或缺的左膀右臂
Ambitious.
真是野心勃勃
We're more alike than I thought.
想不到我们如此志趣相投