But... Universe is designed to break your heart, yes?
但... 造物主的安排就是要让人心碎不是吗?
A philosopher as well as an artist. Yes, it’s we who suffer most.
深明哲理的艺术家, 对,我们只能承受
Yes. With the possible exception being the victims of violent crime.
是啊,可能意外地成为暴行的受害者
- Well, it’s been a pleasure to meet you, sir. - No, no, pleasure’s all mine. Jake.
-很荣幸认识你,先生 -不,我才该感到荣幸,杰克
- Bill. I have a daughter who would... - No, no.
-比尔,我有个女儿... -不,不
Never mind. No, no. Sorry.
别在意,不好意思
Well, this is a surprise.
真没想到
Can’t a father pay a visit to his daughter on a beautiful Sunday morning?
父亲不能在好天气的周日 来探望自己的女儿吗?
Carol called you, didn’t she? She’s afraid I’m getting into my pajamas again.
是卡萝的主意吧? 她怕我又穿上睡衣
Actually, carol called christine, christine called Michael...
是卡萝告诉克瑞斯蒂, 克瑞斯蒂告诉迈克...
...Michael called me. - Any word from Aunt Eileen?
-迈克再告诉我的 -艾琳姑妈有消息吗?
She said to tell you that casey Donovan was adopted.
她要我转告你凯西-多诺万是领养的
If that helps.
如果有帮助的话
Well, at this point, he’s starting to look awfully good.
从这个角度说,他似乎很合适
He’s out there, Sarah.
他就在外边,莎拉
Someone who would appreciate all you have to offer.
那个懂得欣赏你一切的人
After all, you’re this unique constellation of attributes.
毕竟,你是卓尔不群的星宿
- You’re Halley’s comet... - what did you just say?
-是哈雷彗星... -你刚才说什么?
It’s a nice turn of phrase, but it’s not my own.
动听的恭维,但不是我想出来的
I heard it from a young man I met this morning.
是我今早从一个年轻人那听来的
Builds beautiful Irish boats.
会做漂亮的爱尔兰小船
Poor lad. Had his heart broken by a woman he deeply cared about.
可怜的家伙, 被一个他很在意的女人伤透了心
Deeply.
伤透了