I'll never forget the noise,and the smells,and the crowds.
城市的拥挤、喧嚣掺和着种种气味至今令我记忆犹新。
There were 200,000 people living in the City of London,
伦敦市内生活着20万居民—
I never saw so many people before in my life.
我以前从未见过这么多的人。
We went down to the river Thames and saw the famous London Bridge,
我们来到了泰晤士河,看到了著名的伦敦桥,
with all its shops and houses.
及商店和住宅鳞次栉比。
Down the river was the Tower of London.
河下游便是伦敦塔,
Enemies of the Queen went into the Tower through the river gate,
女王的敌人一旦从河 上的闸门进了这座塔,
and mostly came out without their heads.
几乎不能生还。
We found a small inn in Eastcheap,not too expensive,
我们在东切普塞德街找到一处不太贵的小客栈住下,
and had some bread,meat,and beer for our supper.
晚饭吃了几块面包、肉,喝了点啤酒。
Well,we're here!Will said.At last!
哇,我们终于到了这儿!威尔说道,终于!
Mmm,I said.What do we do next?
是啊,我说,接下来我们干什么呢?