Chapter 4 A new life in London
第4章 伦敦的新生活
It's two days journey to London by horse,and Will talked all the way.
坐了两天的马车我们抵达伦敦,一路上威尔谈笑风生,
His eyes were bright and excited.
双眼熠熠生辉,
He was full of plans,and poems,and a love of life.
此时他踌躇满志,对生活无限憧憬。
I talked to one of the Queen's Men,he told me.
我曾和女王剧团的演员聊过天,他告诉我,
He said that he could find me work in the theatre.
他说可以帮我在剧团找个活干,
Acting,perhaps.Or helping to write some plays.
或许可以演戏,或者让我帮忙写剧本。
I showed him some of my writing,and he was very interested.
我曾给他看过一些我的作品,他很感兴趣。
When we rode into London,I began to feel afraid.
我们驱车进入伦敦城时,我开始感到心慌。
This was a big,big city,and we were just two unimportant young men from a small town.
这是很大、很大的一座城市,而我们只是两个从小镇来的微不足道的小伙子。