- She’s a handsome boat. - Yeah.
这船真漂亮
Reminds one of the longboats they would run...
那些人当年就是划着船载大艇
...out of the sweet harbor at Bantry Bay.
从班里湾的美丽港口出海的
Actually, I designed this one based on a Portuguese boat.
实际上我是以葡萄牙船为原型设计的
But historically, you’re correct, yeah.
就历史而言你没说错
- You built this boat yourself? - Yes, sir.
-是你亲手做的? -是啊,先生
- You build boats? - No, no.
-你造过船? -没有
Truth be told, I don’t know the first thing about them.
老实说,我对这行一窍不通
- But I do appreciate a work of art. - Well, thank you, sir.
-但我懂得欣赏艺术作品 -谢谢,先生
I’m about to sell this work of art to a guy who’s gonna cut it in half...
我正要把这艺术品 卖给一个想把它劈成两半...
...and stick it on his wall. - Oh, no.
-安在墙上的家伙 -不会吧
Yeah. I’m about to take her out for a last paddle before I meet the butcher at noon.
我打算在和刽子手见面之前 最后让它下次水
Why would you do a thing like that?
干嘛要这样做?
It’s a long story. Something about the violation of expectations...
说来话长,有些事事与愿违...
...and a crushing loss of faith in love and life and art.
让人对爱对生活对艺术的信念破灭了
- So it’s a girl. - Yes.
-看来和女人有关 -是啊
I’ve had a little girl trouble myself lately.
我有个女儿最近也在自寻烦恼
But better to have loved and lost. Am I right?
但总比得而复失要好,是吧?
She was a unique constellation of attributes.
她是一颗卓尔不凡的星
She was my Halley’s comet.
是我的哈雷彗星