Carrie. You’re the older one,. You can’t take the bait.
凯莉,你是姐姐,让着点
I have teeth marks on my arm.
我的手臂上还有她的牙印。
I know that Dorrit can be difficult. But... Your mom would want you two to get along.
我知道多莉特不太随和。可你妈会希望你们和平相处
Yeah, yeah, I know.
好,好,我知道。
All right? So whatever you two were fighting about, it’s not worth it.
好吗?那不管你们吵什么,都没必要。
She stole mom’s purse.
她偷了妈妈的手提包。
You don’t know that.
你没法确定。
I can’t go to school without that purse, dad.
我不能不带那个手提包上学,爸。
You’re going to school.
你得去上学
I don’t have anything to wear.
我没衣服穿
Come on. You’ve got a whole floor full of clothing.
不是吧,满地都是你的衣服。
No. Mom used to take me shopping for an outfit.
不,妈妈以前常带我去买衣服。
It was--was a thing we did, you know? Back to school clothes?
这是我们的传统,你知道吗?开学服装
Okay, did you want me to take you?
好吧,你想让我带你去买吗
No, no, that was, um... Supposed to be mom.
不,不是,那该。。。是我妈才对。
I see.
我懂了
I just... I need the purse.
我只是需要那个手提包
I--I need a piece of her.
我需要她的遗物
I have an idea.
我有办法了
My mother left us on Memorial Day.
我妈是在阵亡将军纪念日过世的(5月30日)
And that’s what this closet felt like… a memorial.
那也是这个衣帽间给人的感觉。。。一种纪念
A still life of our life without her, as if leaving it untouched might somehow bring her back.
没有她却依然过着的日子,仿佛不去触碰,就可能让她归来。
We had been forbidden to enter… until now.
爸爸一直不许我们进去。。。直到现在