Oh yes?I said.All parents talk like that about their children.
是吗?我说,所有父母都是这么说自己的孩子。
I don't believe a word of it.
我可不信。
I didn't see much of Will's wife.
我不常见到威尔夫人,
I knew she didn't like me.
也清楚她不喜欢我。
To her,I was one of Will's wild friends,who got him into trouble.
对她而言,我是威尔的一个粗野朋友,这种朋友只会让他出麻烦。
She came from a very serious,Puritan family.
她出生于一个虔诚的清教徒家庭,
Lots of church-going,and no singing or dancing.
除了去教堂外根本不懂音乐和舞蹈。
Soon there was another baby on the way,
不久,又一个孩子要出世了。
and one evening in February 1585 I hurried round to Henley Street to hear the news.
1585年2月的一个夜晚我急匆匆地赶到亨里街去打听消息。
Will's sister,Joan,opened the door,and then Will came running down the stairs.
威尔的妹妹琼为我开了门,接着就见威尔跑下楼梯。
It's two of them!he said.Twins!A girl and a boy.Isn't that wonderful!
一胎两个呢!他说道,是双胞胎!一女一男。真是妙极了!