Confound it all, Samwise Gamgee! Have you been eavesdropping?
真是该死 山姆卫斯詹吉! 你居然敢偷听?
I haven't been dropping no eaves . Honest , I was cutting the grass under the window
我没有在偷听 先生 是真的! 我只是在窗外除草
A little late for trimming the verge, don't you think?
现在这个时候除草未免太晚了?
I heard raised voices . What did you hear? Speak!
我听到一些声音 你听到什么? 说!
Nothing important
没什么重要的!
That is, I heard a good deal about a ring, a Dark Lord and the end of the world ,but--
我听到一些什么戒指 黑暗魔君和世界末日的
Please, Mr Gandalf, sir, don't hurt me . Don't turn me into anything unnatural
求求您了 甘道夫先生 不要伤害我! 千万不要把我变成动物
No?
不要吗?
Perhaps not
也许不会
I've thought of a better use for you
我想到有个方法 我有其它事让你来做
Come along, Samwise Keep up
过来呀 山姆 跟上来!
Be careful, both of you
你们两个一定要小心
The enemy has many spies in his service:
敌人有很多眼线
Birds, beasts
飞鸟 野兽
Is it safe?
它安全吗?
Never put it on
千万不要戴上戒指
for the agents of the Dark Lord will be drawn to its power
黑暗魔君的爪牙会被吸引来
Always remember, Frodo
一定要记得 佛罗多
the Ring is trying to get back to its master
戒指想回到主人那里去
It wants to be found
它希望自己被发现