But they suggest that if we are continuing with it,
但是他们建议说,如果我们还要继续下去的话
we should get a collaborator who could take what we have
我们得找一个合作者,我们会的她也会
and make it work for American cooks.
而且她还能让这本书对美国人做饭有帮助
Would you do it, Julia?
你愿不愿意来做这个人,Julia?
Would I do it?
我愿不愿意做?
Yes.
当然啦
We are now going to play a round of "Guess Who’s Coming To Dinner."
我们现在要玩一轮“猜猜谁来吃晚餐”的游戏
This Wednesday, I am going to be playing host to a distinguished guest.
这周三,我要邀请一位非常著名的客人
Clue number one.
线索一
The degree of separation between Julia Child and me
我跟Julie Child之间的差距
is about to shrink by a factor of about a thousand.
有1000倍
In answer to your questions, no, it is not Amanda Hesser of The New York Times
为了回答你们的问题 不,不是纽约时报的Amanda Hesser的
A thousand.
1000倍
or Nigella Lawson, or Ina Garten.
也不是Nigella Lawson或Ina Garten的
But here’s clue number two,
但这就是线索二
I will be making boeuf bourguignon,
我要做红酒烩牛肉
which was the first dish our distinguished guest cooked
这可是我们尊贵的客人做的第一道菜啊
upon reading Mastering the Art of French Cooking for the first time.
在第一时间阅读了《法式烹饪艺术》之后
Boeuf bourguignon. Julia Child’s boeuf bourguignon.
红酒烩牛肉 Julia Child的红酒烩牛肉
Well, since no one guessed my mystery guest, I’m going to have to tell you all.
既然没有人猜出来我的神秘客人是谁 那我就告诉你们吧