Todd: OK, Yoko!
洋子!
Yoko: Hi!
你好!
Todd: We're going to talk about your trip to America.
我们来聊聊你在美国的旅行。
Yoko: Trip to America. OK.
美国的旅行,好的。
Todd: OK. When did you go to the U.S.?
你什么时候去的美国?
Yoko: It's about 4 years ago.
大约4年前。
Todd: And what did you do?
你都做了什么?
Yoko: Actually, I went to Michigan and I worked as a volunteer teacher in public school.
事实上,我去了密歇根州,在一所公立学校中做志愿者老师。
Todd: OK. What was the public school like?
那所公立学校怎么样?
Yoko: It was not big, and so it was not big. I don't know how to say that, so what should I say....
不大,那所学校不是很大,我不知道怎么说,我该怎么说呢……
Todd: It was just a small school?
那是一间小学校?
Yoko: Yeah. Small school. So only maybe 200 students I think.
是的,一所很小的学校。大概只有200名学生。
Todd: Oh, really!
真的!
Yoko: Yeah, it was really small.
是的,真的很小。
Todd: Wow, that is small.
哇,很小啊。
Yoko: Yeah, yeah.
是的。
Todd: Did you know all the students?
你认识那儿所有的学生吗?
Yoko: I don't think so. I just visited some classes. Yes.
我不这么认为。我只是去了几节课。
Todd: So what did you think of America?
你对美国有什么看法?
Yoko: I think it is a great country for many people who wants to try new things.
我认为美国是一个伟大的国家,在美国,人们想要尝试一些新的东西。
Todd: OK.
好的。
Yoko: You know, so for example I did not have any special skills to teach, but they let me to work there as a volunteer, and they gave me a great oppurtunity to meet a lot of students, who are really nice I think.
例如,我没有教书的特殊技能,但校方允许我作为志愿者在那里工作,他们给了我一个机会去接触那里的学生们,学生们都很友好。
Todd: Ah, OK. I agree. What were your students like?
哦,好的,我同意。你的学生怎么样?
Yoko: They were really motivated to learn Japanese, but they didn't learn a lot. They just, they just wanted to play with me, from other countries. Who is from, sorry!
他们对学习日语很积极,但他们并没有学多少。他们只是想和我玩,和来自其他国家的人玩。
Todd: OK. Do you have any special memories from your trip?
你对这次美国之旅有没有留下什么特殊的记忆?
Yoko: Yes, I visited lots of places by myself and I was really afraid of speaking English to people there but they tried to understand me, and they helped me a lot and I really think OK, they are lots of people who are nice all over the world.
是的。我自己去了很多地方。我真的很害怕和当地人说英语,但他们总是努力地理解我,他们帮了我很多很多,这让我觉得全世界有很多好心人。
注:译文属可可英语原创,未经允许,请勿转载。