用什么给幸福标价呢?
You don't need millions to be happy.
幸福不需要很多钱。
At The Happiness Institute in Australia, a couple of hundred dollars may do the trick.
在澳大利亚“幸福学院”,花几百美元可能就能得到幸福。
Since the institute opened its doors this year, men and women of all ages have been paying A$200 an hour (US$140) for lessons in how to feel great.
自从今年学院开业以来,男女老少每小时花200澳元(相当于140美元)可以学习《如何感觉很棒》课程。
Businesses are spending as much as A$6,000 on half-day happiness workshops for their staff.
一些企业花费6000澳元让自己的员工来这里参加半天的幸福讲习班。
"You can actually increase your happiness levels. That's what we teach," said Timothy Sharp, founder of institute, which also offers group sessions from A$30 a head.
“实际上你能让自己更快乐些,那是我们想要传授的,”学院创始人蒂莫西·夏普说。该学院还开设了每人30澳元的团体课程。
"We take people from zero and try to put a positive in their happiness bank account.
夏普说:“我们把刚加入课程的人的‘幸福帐户’设为零,并努力使它增加为正数。
You don't have to settle just for OKness. It's no more OK than having a zero bank balance.
你不必结算账户,没什么比账户为零更少的了。
You can have a lot more." Sharp said.
你可以有更多的幸福。”
Experts say only about 15 percent of happiness comes from income, assets and other financial factors.
专家说只有15%的幸福感来自收入,资产和其他经济因素。
As much as 90 percent comes from elements such as attitude, life control and relationships.
多达90%的幸福感决定于个人的态度,生活节制以及人际关系。
"If you're not a natural in any of these areas you can learn to get a lot better at them." Sharp said.
夏普说:“如果你在这些因素上没有做好,你可以改善,从而收获更多幸福感。”
词汇讲解:
do the trick 获得成功
相关短语:
do the trick 解决问题
do the trick for 对……有用
do the trick for somebody 或许对某人有用
eg. If your friends are too busy to meet for lunch, a short phone call can do the trick.要是你的朋友太忙而无法一起吃午饭,一个简短的电话也能起到很好的效果。
eg. If you have yet to take that advice to heart, maybe knowing that they prevent wrinkles will do the trick.如果你没有认真听取这种意见,也许会觉得什么防止皱纹等说法只是一个恶作剧。