In the '80s, and the Cold War was far from thawed
那是80年代,冷战尚未结束。
Most of the deals were government-to-government.
多数的交易是政府之间的。
It was a mostly private club...
几乎都是私人军火俱乐部。
with a lifetime club president.
主席都是终生职。
That's him. The big shot?
就是他 哦,那个大人物。
Simeon Weisz, Angola, Mozambique,
席米恩·怀斯。
those Exocet missiles in the Falklands.
安哥拉、莫桑比克等国的代表。
He was selling guns before there was gunpowder.
火药还没发明前,他就已经在卖枪。
Be right back.
马上回来。
Mr. Weisz? Mr. Weisz!
怀斯先生...怀斯先生!
It's okay, they're talking.
没关系,他们只是谈一谈。
May I help?
我可以帮助你吗?
A mutual friend, Eli Kurtzman
布莱顿滩进出口公司的伊莱·克兹曼。
from Brighton Beach,
您我都认识的。
import/export said to contact you.
要我来与您联系。
I have a business proposal
我有一个生意企划。
and I thought perhaps we could discuss it.
或许我们能讨论一下。
I don't think you and I are in the same business.
我想我们不是做同一种生意。
You think I just sell guns, don't you?
你以为我只是卖枪的军火商,对吧?
I don't. I take sides.
不对!我是有立场的。
But in the Iran-lraq war you sold guns to both sides.
但两伊战争中,您卖过军火给双方。
Did you ever consider that I wanted both sides to lose?
你有没想过,或许我想让两边都输。