The Exhibition
展览会
“That was exhilarating,” Jessica said.
“真令人兴奋,”杰西卡说,
“It was an expansive display of Asian artifacts.
“这是亚洲手工制品一次全面的展出。
Professor Jones exhibited all of the items he uncovered during his last expedition.
琼斯教授展出了他上次考察中发现的所有物品。
His expertise in anthropology is second to none.
他人类学的专门知识无人能比。
What do you think about him?”
你认为他怎么样?”
“I think he's a bit eccentric,” Teddy said.
“我想他有点怪。”泰迪说,
“I heard he spent an exorbitant amount of money on his last journey.
“我听说他上次旅行花钱太多了,
I also heard that the government of that country wanted to expel him for digging up exotic plants.”
还有由于他挖掘了珍奇植物那个国家的政府要驱逐他。”
“Yes, but he was quickly exonerated,” Jessica replied.
“是的,但他很快就被定为无罪。”杰西卡回答,
“Apparently, the rules were not explicit enough.
“从表面上看,那国的规定表达的不够清楚。
Next month, he is going on another expedition to Africa.
下个月他又要去非洲考察。
There are expanses of grasslands and deserts that have yet to be explored.
那里有待开发的广阔的草地和沙漠。
I think Professor Jones might find it expedient to bring a volunteer like me on his trip.
我想琼斯教授可能会发现旅途中带着像我这样的志愿者对他更有利。
However, my passport expired last year.
但是,我的护照去年就到期了。
I don't know if the passport office will expedite my request for a renewal.”
我不知道护照办是否能为我加速办理展期?”
“The passport office is pretty expeditious when it comes to handling renewals,” Teddy said.
“在办理展期方面,护照办人员是很迅速的。”泰迪说,
“I've also heard that they expanded their operations.
“我还听说他们拓展了业务范围。
I do not think you will have a problem.
我想你没问题。
However, we will have a problem getting to our car if we do not head towards the exit now.
但是,如果我们不现在就往出口走,就很难出门开车回去了。
When the exhibition ends in a few minutes, there's going to be an exodus of people from this building.”
展览会几分钟后结束时,会有大批的人涌出这座大楼。”
“You're right.” Jessica said.
“对,”杰西卡说,
“I can already sense the expansion of the crowd.
“我已经能察觉出人群在膨胀。
In a moment, people are going to be an exodus of people from this building.”
片刻之后,人们挤出大楼时,这里会有人口爆炸。”
Teddy grabbed Jessica's hand and they both started running towards the exit. “Let's get out of here while we still can.”
“让我们趁早离开这里。”泰迪抓起杰西卡的手,二人开始朝出口跑去。