75 Looking for the Prefect Man
寻找完美的男人
“I want someone who has diverse interests,” stated Sally.
“我要找一个兴趣广泛的人,”莎莉说,
“I don't really care about intelligence, or whether he's able to recite doctrines of any kind.
“我并不真的在乎他是否聪明或是否会背诵什么教义之类。
I think diversity is the key to an interesting relationship.”
我想兴趣的多样性是保持良好关系的关键。”
“That makes sense,” said Mary.
“这很有道理。”玛丽说,
“However, I'm more interested in whether he has diversified his investments.
“但是我更感兴趣的是他是否把他的投资多样化了。
I draw a diving line between poor men and rich men.
我在穷人和富人之间划了一道分界线。
A wealthy man with a diversified investment portfolio satisfies my need for financial security.”
一个拥有多元化证券投资组合的富有男人使我拥有金融安全感。”
“Be sure that he shows you the documentation for his investments,” said Jane with a laugh.
“一定得让他给你看他的投资文件,”简说着大笑起来。
“And make certain that he divides the investments with you in advance so that he can't divest you when you divorce him!
“一定要他事先把投资的财产在你们之间分割清楚,这样,与他离婚时,他就不能剥夺你那份了。
If you ask what I want, I would love to have a super hero.
你问我找一个什么样的?我想找一个超级英雄。
He has to be brave enough to challenge political and religious dogma.
他必须很勇敢,敢于像政治和宗教的教条提出挑战;
He also must be fast enough to dodge a speeding car, strong enough to divert a flowing river, yet docile enough for me to control. ”
还必须动作迅速,可以躲开飞驰而来的汽车;而且身体健壮,可以让河水转向。然而,他还必须温顺的由我来驾驭。”
“You want a man who is strong enough to cause the diversion of a river?” asked Susan with a giggle.
“你想找一个能让河水转向的男人?”苏珊一边说,一边咯咯地笑,
“I suppose that's possible.
“我想那也有可能。
I think it has been documented once by a TV documentary, but I think the guy was using a bulldozer.
我记得一个电视纪录片曾拍摄下这样的场面,但我想那个家伙用了推土机。
As for me, I'd be happy if he was strong enough not to get dizzy on a merry-go-round.
至于我,如果他身体健壮得在旋转木马上不眩晕,我就很满足了。
Actually, I want someone with dogged honesty who is willing to divulge his deepest secrets.
事实上,我想找的人,要笃信诚实,愿意向我吐露他内心深处的秘密。
Communications is the solution to most relationship problems.
交流能解决两人关系中的大多数问题。
I don't like dogmatic people who expect you to accept everything they say without explanation”
我不喜欢唯教条是从的人,他们希望你无需辩解地接受他们所说的一切。”
“Well, aren't we lucky?” asked Sally.
“噢,我们多幸运啊!”莎莉说,
“We don't have to complete! We are all chasing after a different kind of man!”
“我们不必竞争,我们都在追求不同类型的男人!”