I might throw up on you.
我可能会吐你一身
You're doing fine.
你干的不错
You don't seem afraid at all.
你看起来一点儿也不害怕
I don't understand that.
我不明白
Well, fear's sort of an odd thing.
恐惧算是一件怪异的事
When I was in residency, my first solo procedure was a spinal surgery on a 16-year-old kid.
在我实习的时候 我第一次主刀是为一名16岁孩子作脊柱手术
A girl. And at the end, after 13 hours, I was closing her up and I...I accidentally ripped her dural sack.
一个女孩子 在13个小时以后 临近结束的时候 在我缝合的时候 我不小心撕开了她的硬膜腔
It's at the base of the spine where all the nerves come together.
神经集中的脊柱基部被弄碎了
Membrane as thin as tissue, and...So it ripped open.
隔膜 隔膜组织都被撕开了
Nerves just spilled out of her like angel hair pasta, spinal fluid flowing out of her and I...
神经像细意大利面一样散出 脊髓液流了出来
The terror was just so...crazy, so real...and I knew I had to deal with it.
感觉如此恐怖...真实 可我知道我必须去面对
So I just made a choice. I'd let the fear in. Let it take over. Let it do its thing.
于是我做出了一个选择 我让恐惧侵袭我全身 让它令我惊慌失措
But only for five seconds, that's all I was gonna give it.
但我只给它五秒钟 就这么多
So I started to count. One, two, three, four, five.
然后我开始记数 一 二 三 四 五
And it was gone. I went back to work, sewed her up and she was fine.
然后恐惧感消失了 我重返工作 缝好了她 她没事了
If that had been me, I think I would've run for the door.
换作是我的话 我早就夺门而出了
No, I don't think that's true. You're not running now.
我看不会 你现在并没跑掉啊