UNIT 1 The Olympics
第一单元 奥运会
Lesson 7: Don't Fall off the Pizzas!
第七课:不要从比萨饼上掉下来!
To:Li-Ming@net.cnFrom:jenny@compmail.ca
收信人:Li-Ming@net.cn发信人:jenny@compmail.ca
Subject: Classroom Olympics
主题:教室奥运会
Date: 15/09 4:18 PM
时间: 9月15日 下午4:18
Hello,Li Ming!
你好,李明!
This week in school,we had a classroom Olympics!
这周我们在学校举行了教室奥运会!
Our class invented five different events.
我们班发明了五个不同的比赛项目。
Then,everyone competed in each event,one by one.
然后,大家一个接一个地参加每个项目。
The events were fun!
这些比赛项目很有趣!
Some of my classmates had very good ideas.
我的一些同学有很好的想法。
But my favourite event was Danny's.
但我最喜欢的是丹尼的项目。
He called it "Jump over the Dinosaur."
他管它叫“跳恐龙”。
Danny's event was a race.
丹尼的项目是赛跑。
Each person walked on some paper "pizzas," climbed through a cardboard "donut,"
每一个人在一些纸做的“比萨饼”上走过,爬过一个纸板“油炸圈,”
and then jumped over a toy dinosaur.
然后跳过一个玩具恐龙。
We used a watch to see who was the fastest.
我们用表看谁最快。
What was the result?
结果是怎样的呢?
Danny won the race!
丹尼赢了比赛!
None of us caught up with him.
我们当中没有人赶上他。
But I was close:
但我跟他很接近:
I was two seconds behind Danny.
我就差丹尼两秒。
Few of the other students were so fast.
其他没有几个同学跑得这么快。
Brian was sad,because he lost.
布赖恩很伤心,因为他输了。
He came in twentieth.
他是第20个到的。
He did his best,but he kept falling off the pizzas!Jenny
他尽力了,但还是不断地从“比萨饼”上掉下来!詹妮
Poor Brian!
可怜的布赖恩!
To:jenny@compmail.caFrom:Li-Ming@net.cn
收信人:jenny@compmail.ca发信人:Li-Ming@net.cn
Subject: Re: Classroom Olympics
主题:回复:教室奥运会
Date: 16/09 4:10 PM
日期: 9月16日 下午4:10
Hi,Jenny,Thanks for your e-mail.
嗨,詹妮:谢谢你的邮件。
I laughed when I read about "Jump over the Dinosaur."
当我看到关于“跳恐龙”的情景时都笑了。
Only Danny would think of an event like that!
只有丹尼会想出那样的项目!
Please tell me about some of the others.
请告诉我其他比赛项目的情况吧。
Was ping-pong an event in your classroom Olympics?
在你们的教室奥运会上乒乓球是一个比赛项目吗?
I really like ping-pong.
我真的非常喜欢乒乓球。
Maybe I will play ping-pong in the real Olympics someday.
或许有一天我会在真正的奥运会上打乒乓球。
Danny's victory in his event doesn't surprise me.
我对丹尼在他的项目中取得胜利并不感到惊讶。
He's a good athlete.
他是一名优秀的运动员。
How many other events did he win?
其它项目中他赢了几项?
I hope Brian wasn't too sad.
我希望布赖恩别太难过了。
If he practises walking on pizzas,he'll do better next time!
如果他能在“比萨饼”上做行走练习,下次他会做得更好的。
Li Ming
李明
I don't think "Jump over the Dinosaur" will ever be an Olympic event.
我认为“跳恐龙”不会成为奥运项目。
Do you?
你觉得呢?
LET'S DO IT!Imagine you have a pen pal in Canada.
Send an e-mail to him or her telling about your classroom Olympics or a school sports meet.