Waiter: Are youthrough with your meal?
侍者:你们吃完了吗?
Tom: Yes, we are. Could we have the check, please?
汤姆:吃完了。请拿帐单来。
Waiter: Here is your check, 86 dollars in all. I can take care of it here when you're ready.
侍者:给您,一共86元。如果你们要付帐,我可以帮你们拿去结帐。
Tom: Do you acceptcheque?
汤姆:你们收支票吗?
Waiter: No, I'm sorry we don't. We accept credit cards and cash.
侍者:对不起,我们不收。我们只收信用卡和现金。
Tom: Well, I don't have any cash with me. So I'll have to put in on credit. Here's 90 dollars. Please keep the change.
汤姆:我没带现金。我必须用信用卡结帐了。这是90元,剩下的做小费。
Waiter: Thank you, I will be right back.
侍者:谢谢你,我马上就回来。
Tom: Oh, please wait for a minute. I want to go with the food left.
汤姆:请稍等一会。我想把剩下的食物带走。
Waiter: I see. I will bring someto-go boxes for you.
侍者:我明白。我会为您拿一个打包盒。
1.Are you through with
be through with表示结束,完成,或者是与...结束关系、不再联系等,与之类似的还有be tired from(因……而疲乏),be sick/tired of(厌倦、厌恶)等等,都是be动词+形容词+介词(非常关键,也是最易出错的地方)来表达一种状态或者情绪。
eg:I'll be glad when we're through with this project.如果我们完成了这个项目,我会高兴的。
2.have the check
【美】(餐厅的)帐单,发票
May I have the check, please?请把帐单开给我好吗?
3.accept cheque
cheque是支票的意思,在餐厅吃饭结账时一般有以下几种方式:现金(cash)支票(cheque)信用卡(credit)
4.Please keep the change
keep the change就是说把零钱留着吧,就是说不用找了。其实是美国人给的小费。
5. bring to-go boxes for you
to-go boxes打包盒
接下来提供大家一些常用句型:
Check, please.
麻烦请结帐。
Can I pay here?
可以在这儿付帐吗?
We like to pay separately.
我们想要分开算帐
I think there is a mistake in the bill.
帐单有一些错误。
Could you check it again?
可不可以麻烦再确认一次帐单?
Can I pay with this credit card?
可以用这张信用卡付帐吗?
May I have the receipt, please.
请给我收据。