迷你对话:
A:Why did you get your back up, dad?
爸爸,你为什么生气。
B:What a mess in your room!
瞧瞧你的房间多乱。
A:I'm playing with my toys. I will tidy up the room after a while.
我正在玩玩具,过会儿我会把房间收拾好。
B:That’s all right.
好吧。
词海拾贝:
1.get one’s back up:生气,使发怒
Eg. An unfriendly attitude of the shop-assistant often gets customers’ back up.
售货员不友好冷淡的态度常常使顾客生气。
Eg. He was got up his back up by the perception of Mrs. Bulshrode's meaning.
布尔斯罗德太太的弦外之音使他有些生气。
Eg. Can you stroke him down? He is still got his back up.
你能使他消消气吗?他还是非常生气。
Eg. Anna was got her back up by Jack's rude remarks about her appearance.
杰克对安娜相貌的粗鲁评论使她很生气。
2.play with:玩......
Eg. If you play with fire, you'll get burnt in the event.
你如果玩火,到头来总会被灼伤。
Eg. She could lie on the cool rocks and play with the golden carp.
她会趴在凉爽的石板上,逗弄金鱼。
Eg. Does it make sense to let children play with matches?
让小孩玩火柴有意义吗?
Eg. That selfish boy won't let other children play with his toys.
那个孩子自私,玩具不让别的孩子玩。
3.tidy up:整理,收拾
Eg. We should tidy up the place before we move in.
在我们搬进去之前应该先把那地方收拾一下。
Eg. He began to tidy up his desk and finish off the week' s work.
他开始整理书桌,结束一周的工作。
Eg. Dolly, all your things are in a muddle, tidy up your room.
多丽,你的东西乱七八糟,收拾收拾房间。
Eg. Be sure to tidy up before the guests arrive.
客人来到前一定要收拾一下。
4.after a while:过一会儿
Eg. After a while she wept, and her tears brought some relief.
过了一会儿,她哭起来,她的眼泪让她心里轻松了一些。
Eg. After a while he washed his face and hands, and tried to regain his composure.
过了一阵,他洗了脸和手,竭力想恢复平静。
Eg. After a while we got to know each other a little.
过了不久我们有点熟了。
Eg. Oh, not very well. You get tired of it after a while.
不太喜欢,你过一段时间就厌倦了。