She had left a note.
她只留了一张纸条。
She wrote, "It was nice to have met you".
上面写:很高兴能认识你。
And that was it.
就只有这样。
It wasn't the war any of us expected.
这场战争和我们想像的不同。
We would just tow crippled ships, scraps of metal, really.
我们只负责拖废弃的船只。
If there was a war, we didn't see it.
就算有战争,我们也没看到。
There was a man assigned to us.
军方派一名士兵到船上。
The chief gunner loved the Navy. But most of all, he loved America.
这名炮兵热爱海军,不过他最爱的还是美国。
There is no other country in the world. When you spell America...
我眼中没有其它国家。
His name was Dennis Smith and he was a full-blooded Cherokee.
他叫丹尼斯史密夫,百分百切诺基印第安人。
you're spelling freedom.
美国对我来说就代表自由。
His family had been Americans for over 500 years.
他的家人当了五百年美国人。
These pacifists.
臭和平主义者。
They say they won't fight on conscience.
他们说是为了良知才不打仗。
Where would we be if everybody decided to act according to their conscience?
要是每个人都反对杀戮,那么美国就输定了。
Keep it down, would you, chief?
别说了,酋长?
Hey.
嘿。
I've been watching you.
我一直在观察你。
You seem trustworthy.
你看起来值得信任。
If something happens to me...
万一我有什么差错。
could you see that this gets to my wife?
你能把这些交给我太太吗?
He'd given me all of his pay.
他把他的薪水都交给我。
Hadn't spent a dime of it.
他连一毛钱都没花。
I want my family to know I was thinking about them.
我要我家人知道我会照顾他们。