Bryce:The dinner with the Bakers had taken its toll on me.
和贝克一家的晚餐 让我付出了代价
Then the annual school fundraiser arrived
一年一度的校园筹款活动开始了
and I found myself with a whole newset ofproblems.
我发现自己被一系列新的问题纠缠住了
I was a Basketboy.
我成了"午餐男孩"
To fully appreciate the humiliation of being a Basketboy,
要想充分理解作为"午餐男孩"的耻辱
you need to know that the chosen few
你就得知道 被选中的可怜蛋
areauctioned offin front of the student body
要在学校同学面前被拍卖
to the highest-bidding females.
卖给出价最高的女同学
Yes, technically,each ofus comes with a lunch in a basket.
对 形式上我们是拎着装午餐的篮子登台
But let's not kid ourselves.
不过还是不要自欺欺人了
This was a beefcake parade.
其实就是出卖男色
Garrett:There he is, my idol.
他在这里 我的偶像
Bryce:One word, you're a dead man.
再胡说你就死定了
Garrett:No, man, I'm serious. Listen, you won't believe this.
不 老兄 说真的 你不会相信的
Bryce:What?
什么
Garrett:Two of the hottest chicks are fighting over you.
两个辣妹为你大打出手
What are you talking about? Sherry isbreaking up withMitch.
你在说什么啊 雪莉和米胖分手了
She and Melanie are having a bidding war over you.
她和美兰妮为你大打竞价之战
Bryce:I don't care.
没兴趣
Garrett:Are you nuts? Sherry dumped Mitch because of you.
你是傻瓜吗 雪莉为了你把米胖甩了
You're my idol.
你是我的偶像
Bryce:As comforting as it was to be Garrett's idol,
即便成了伽利特的偶像
it didn't diminishthe horror ofbeing Basketboy number nine.
成为9号"午餐男孩"的恐惧心情也丝毫未减
And my only hope was that
我唯一的希望是
a giant tornado would destroy the school before the big event.
一场巨大的龙卷风在活动举办前光临学校
It was a long shot.
但这很渺茫