Juli:As I wasgetting dressedfor the Loskis' dinner party
当我为参加洛斯奇家的晚宴换衣服时
I found myself staring at the painting my father had given me
我不由地注视着爸爸送我的那幅画
and became furious all over again.
又一次怒不可遏
Bryce had never been a friend to me, ever.
布莱斯从来都不是我的朋友 从来不是
He hadn't taken my side about the tree;
砍树时 他不站在我这边
he'dthrown awaymy eggs;
他扔了我的鸡蛋
and he made fun of me at my uncle's expense.
还取笑我叔叔的花费
When my mother called that it was time to go...
当妈妈叫我该走了的时候
Mother:Juli, let's go, we're late!
朱莉 我们走吧 迟到了
Juli:I went out with every intention of telling her
我非常想冲出去告诉她
that I wasn't going to the Loskis for dinner.
我不去洛斯奇家吃饭
Mother:Honey, please hold these.
亲爱的 帮我拿着这些
I need to check my hair really quickly one more time.
我得赶紧再看看我的头发
Honey, your hair is perfect. Really?
亲爱的 你的头发很漂亮 真的吗
Juli:But she looked so happy
但是她看起来那么开心
and she'd gone to so much trouble over the pies
她还花了那么多功夫做馅饼
that I couldn't.
我不能扫她的兴
Mother:My gosh. God, what a disaster.
天啊 老天 差一点
Okay. Here, hold one, and you hold this.
好啦 给 端着 你端着这盘
I don't wanna hold it. I won't have you hold it.
我不想端 我不会让你端的
Let's go, boys.
我们走吧 小伙子们
Juli:But that didn't mean I had to be nice to Bryce.
但那并不意味着我得对布莱斯客气
And I don't wanna speak to you.
我不想跟你说话
Not now, not ever.
现在不想 永远不想
It felt good to take charge.
掌握主动权的感觉不错
I felt strong,in control.
我感到强大自信
I told Bryce what I thought
我告诉了布莱斯我的想法
and I was determined not to talk to him forthe rest ofthe evening.
还决定那天晚上不再和他讲话