迷你对话:
A:When I quarrel with my husband. He didn't evern try to cool me out.
我和丈夫吵架的时候,他连理都不理我。
B:It takes two to make a quarrel and it takes two to memd fences.
吵架和和好是双方面的事情。
A:I was so angry that I could not keep cool. What I need is just an apology.
我太生气了,一下冷静不下来,我只想听到一句道歉的话而已。
地道表达:
cool sb out
小编讲解:
改习语愿意是指使马在竞赛后慢慢走动,知道停止出汗并得到放松。引申为使某人消气,冷静下来,使逐渐放松,抚慰。
支持范例:
Eg.Now, I want you just to cool out.
现在,我希望你冷静些。
Eg.Please try to chill yourself out, sir, and tell me where you are and what has happened.
请冷静下来,先生。告诉我你在哪里,发生了什么事?
Eg.When he cooled out I brought him to reason by appealing to his sense of responsibility,
当他冷静下来时,我喻之以责任感,使他明白道理。
Eg.I tried to cool her out but she was still very angry when she left.
想使她冷静下来,但她走的时候还是很愤怒。
词海拾贝:
1.quarrel with:和......吵架
Eg.It's very sad when husbands and wives quarrel with each other.
夫妻间起口角是很不幸的事。
Eg.He is good-natured and has never had a quarrel with anyone.
他脾气很好,从不和任何人争吵。
Eg.I have no quarrel with what you say.
我对你的话没有反对意见。
Eg.I was attending to my business,but he pickcd a quarrel with me.
我在专心干我的事,他却向我找碴儿吵架。
2.make a quarrel:吵架
Eg.Remember it takes two to make a quarrel.
要记住吵架是一个巴掌拍不响的。
3.keep cool:保持冷静,镇定自若
Eg.Try to keep cool when you're in danger.
遇到危险时要保持冷静。
Eg.The main thing to remember, if the man starts any trouble, is to keep cool.
若是那家伙开始找什么麻烦,最紧要的就是保持冷静。
Eg.She can keep cool even under heavy pressure of anger .
即使是在十分气愤的情况下她也能保持冷静。