台词欣赏:
Sherry:At first, my mother wouldn't let me get my ears pierced, but I begged...
起先 我妈妈不同意我打耳洞 可我不停请求
Bryce:The idea was that Sherry would eat with me...maybe we'd walk around together,and hopefully Juli would lose interest.
我的计划是先和雪莉一起吃饭 之后我们也许能并肩而行 这样朱莉大概就会知难而退了
Sherry:But I still can't get the hoops till I'm 16.
不过我还是不能在十六岁以前打耳洞
Bryce:Oh, that's a shame.
真遗憾
Sherry:So Melanie wanted to get her ears pierced,but of course her mother said no.
美兰妮也想打耳洞 她妈妈当然不同意啦
So she threw a fit and smashed her Johnny Mathis Greatest Hits album...
然后她就大发脾气 把她的强尼·麦瑟斯精选集唱片砸了个稀烂
and she got grounded, so now she can't come to my pajama sleepover party.
于是就被关起来了 她也不能参加我的睡衣派对了
Bryce:Things were unfolding quite nicely.
事情进展得异常顺利
Garrett:What are you doing for your science project?
你的科学展作品准备得怎样了
Bryce:That is, until my supposed best friend, Garrett Einbinder...took an interest in Sherry himself.
直到被我当作死党的伽利特·艾宾德 也对雪莉发起了攻势
Sherry:I was thinking of showing how split ends react with different hair conditioners.
我打算展示不同护发素对头发分叉的影响
Garrett:That's fascinating.
太有趣了
Bryce:Loyalty gave way to desire and Garrett, the turncoat...told Sherry what I was up to.
这个重色轻友的叛徒伽利特 告诉了雪莉我的意图
Sherry:Jerk.
混蛋
Bryce:She didn't take it well.
她很生气
Word got back to Juli,and pretty soon she started up with the goo-goo eyes again.
再说到朱莉 她很快又开始含情脉脉地注视我
Only this time it was worse.
不过这次更糟
She started sniffing me.
她开始闻我
That's right, sniffing me.
没错 闻我