1. Expression:relax one’s mind
Explanation:To reduce the pressure or urgency. (减轻压力或紧迫感,放松大脑,让大脑得到休息)
Example:Tom began to relax his mind near the end of the semester.
Tom在接近学期末时开始放松了。
He lay back and relaxed his mind.
他躺下来让脑子得到休息。
She relaxed her mind by listening to music.
她听听音乐使大脑得到休息。
After the morning's study you should relax your mind and enjoy yourself.
你学习了一整个上午了,该放松下大脑了。
2. Expression:lick one’s boots
Explanation:To flatter, fawn over, or eagerly agree with someon. (溜拍马屁,想尽办法讨好,奉承某人)
Example:It's no wonder you're the teacher's favorite from the way you lick her boots!
从你拍老师马屁的样子看,难怪你是老师最喜欢的学生。
Look, it's just the nature of this business that sometimes you have to lick your superiors' boots if you want to get ahead.
瞧,这行业就是这样——如果你想出人头地,有时候就得讨好上司。
Even if you didn't have an official position you'd still be powerful locally and everybody'd be licking your boots.
即使你没有公职,你在当地仍然很有权势,每个都会来拍你马屁。
I wish he wouldn't lick the manager's boots but now it's obvious he's just seeking favours.
我希望他不要巴结经理,但现在显而易见他就是在拍马屁。
We should show him some respect but there is no need to lick his boots.
我们应该对他有所尊重,但没有必要去巴结奉承他。
3. Expression:die with your boots on
Explanation:To die while someone is still actively involved in his work.(死于非命,暴死)
Example:The thought of growing old depresses me. I'd rather die with my boots on.
想到要变老,我就感到沮丧。我宁可死于非命。
Unlike many businesspeople who die with their boots on, he has very sensibly left the entire running of the company to his son.
与许多死于非命的商人不同,他非常明智地将公司的整个运营留给了儿子。
He had a heart attack in the office and died with his boots on.
他在办公室心脏病发作,去世了。