1. Expression:have five
Explanation:To be well-done. (用以表示祝贺,干得好)
Example:You are the first in the race. Have five!
你获得了比赛的第一名,干得真棒。
He gave me one look as much as to say,"Have five, David!" And he set off again at his top speed.
他看了我一眼,仿佛是说:“干得好,David。”然后,他又以最快的速度出发了。
2. Expression:highway robbery
Explanation:A situation in which you are charged far too much money for something. (价格昂贵,价格不菲)
Example:I need to find another mechanic because this bill is just highway robbery! I can't believe how much he charged for a simple repair.
因为这张账单简直是天价,所以我要另找修理工!我真不敢相信一次简单的修理,他收了这么多钱。
Four thousand dollars! That's highway robbery for one piece of furniture! I won't buy it!
买一件家具要4千美元,太贵了,我不买。
They're charging ten bucks for the comics, which sounds like highway robbery to us.
我们想看漫画,他们要收10美元,这听起来就像拦路抢劫。
Two hundred dollars for one night in a hotel? That's highway robbery!
在旅馆住一晚上要200美元?简直是漫天要价!
3. Expression:hired gun
Explanation:A person with special knowledge or expertise who is employed to resolve a complex problem. (受雇佣的专家,行家)
Example:The corporation has sent their best hired gun to convince the senator to vote against the environmental regulation bill.
公司派了他们最棒的雇员去说服参议员投票反对环境管理法案。
A: How is your company going on recently? I heard that many companies had been threatened by a certain net hacking.
你的公司最近如何?我听说很多公司已经遭到网络黑客的威胁。
B: Don’t worry about me. I have invited a hired gun to deal with this net hacking.
被担心我,我已经邀请了一位高手来对付这网络黑客了。