A: So I heard that you have big news again. Is that true?
我听说你有特大消息要宣布了!是真的吗?
B: Yes, who did you hear that from?
是的。谁告诉你的?
A: That's not important. Are you going to tell me what it is?
谁说的不重要。你是不是该告诉我究竟是什么消息?
B: You'll have to guess.
你猜。
A: Are you pregnant?
你怀孕了?
B: Are you kidding?
你开玩笑吗?
A: Just thought I'd ask. Are you celebrating your birthday?
只是想到就问了。你要过生日了?
B: Not today.
不是今天。
A: Let me think. Did you get a promotion?
让我想想。你要升职了?
B: Of course not. I've never even had a job.
当然不是。我还没有工作呢!
A: I give up, what is it?
我放弃了。到底是什么?
B: I'm going to be an aunt. My sister is pregnant with twins.
我要做姑姑了!我姐姐怀了一对双胞胎。
A: Congratulations. When is she due?
恭喜!预产期什么时候?
B: Her due date is April 20th, but twins are often born early.
预产期是4月20日,不过双胞胎一般会早产。
A: Do you have any nieces or nephews now?
你目前有侄子和侄女吗?
B: No. My sister's babies will be my first ones.
没有。我姐姐这对双胞胎将会是第一个。
A: That's great. I actually have some good news too.
太好了。实际上我也有个好消息。
B: Really? what is it?
真的吗?是什么?
A: I just passed my final exam.
我刚刚通过了期末考试。
B: Well done. Are you going to go out and celebrate?
干得漂亮!你打算出去庆祝一下吗?
A: I was thinking of going out for dinner. Do you want to come with me?
我正在考虑出去吃顿饭。你想一起去吗?
B: I'd be honored.
那我的荣幸。
v. 庆祝,庆贺,颂扬