Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
Going off the deep end sounds dangerous. Off the Deep End
去深不见底的地方听起来很危险。暴跳如雷
I wonder if Jonathan and Anna will need special equipment to explain this expression.
我想知道乔纳森和安娜是否需要特殊的设备来解释这个表达。
I heard that John got kicked out of a restaurant last night. What happened?!
我听说约翰被赶出了一家餐厅。发生了什么?
It was crazy! So, we were eating dinner and I just asked him about his new job.
太疯狂了!我们当时在吃晚餐,我问了他的新工作。
Didn't you hear? He got fired yesterday.
你没听说吗?他昨天被炒了。
No, I didn't. But he totally went off the deep end, yelling and throwing food.
没有听说。但他大发雷霆,大声喊叫,还丢掉食物。
The deep end in a swimming pool is where the water is the deepest.
泳池的最深处就是水最深的地方。
In spoken American English, to go "off the deep end" means to lose control of your emotions, usually anger or sadness.
在美式口语中,“暴跳如雷”指无法控制自己的情感,通常非常生气或沮丧。
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!