视频文本如下:
Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
When you "slip" you fall down. But how does something slip from your mind?
你“滑倒”的时候你就会摔倒。但是某件事怎么会从你的脑子里滑倒呢?
Slip (One's) Mind
忘记,遗忘
Let's listen to Anna and Jonathan:
我们听安娜和乔纳森怎么说:
Look at this beautiful cake I made for the dinner party!
看这个我为晚上的聚会做的漂亮蛋糕!
Oh no, is that tonight?
哦不,是今晚吗?
Yes! Didn't you make something?
是的!你什么都没做吗?
No, it totally slipped my mind!
没有,我完全忘记了!
If you say something "slipped your mind" you forgot about it.
如果你说某件事"slipped your mind",表明你完全忘记了。
You can say this about an event, a task or a personal detail about someone--such as their name.
你可以把它用在一件事、一项任务或者关于某个人的细节上——比如他们的名字。
People often say words like "completely" or "totally" before this expression.
人们经常在这个表达的前面加上“completely”或者“totally”。
It totally slipped my mind!
我彻底忘记了!
That completely slipped my mind!
我完全忘记那件事了!
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!