Shakespeare’s phrase "I'll send him packing" has the same meaning today: I really don't want this person around me, so I'll send them away.
莎士比亚的短语“I'll send him packing”今天仍是相同的含义:我真心不想让这个人在我旁边,所以我要打发他走人。
It's also used in sport, to talk about beating an opponent.
它还被用于描述体育比赛里打败对手。
Take Gwyn Jones, former captain of the Welsh rugby team, who said before a match:
比如威尔士橄榄球队的前队长格温·琼斯在一场比赛前说:
This is our chance to do it and we should send them packing with their tails between their legs.
这是一次好机会,我们要把对手打得屁滚尿流。
I've no patience when people try to sell me things at the door.
我对于在门口推销东西的人没有耐心。
I usually send them packing.
我通常让他们走人。
Let's try it once more.
我们再试一次。
Come on Thomas!
加油托马斯!
You can do it!
你一定行!
Will you all shush? !
你们能安静点吗?!
To shush or not to shush, that is the question.
安静还是不安静,这是个问题。