Jonathan:Dorothy what are your plans for Christmas?
乔纳森:桃乐茜,你的圣诞节计划是什么?
Dorothy :Oh yes, it's almost Christmas, isn't it. I'm not sure what I'll be doing then.
桃乐茜: 哦,对呀,圣诞节马上就到啦,不是吗?我不确定我到时要做什么。
Jonathan: Well, if you don't have any plans, you family could have dinner at my house.
乔纳森:嗯,如果你没有计划的话,你可以到我家和我们一起共度晚餐。
Dorothy: That's very nice of you, thanks. Have you finished your shopping yet?
桃乐茜:你真好,谢谢。你的圣诞节礼物都买好了吗?
Jonathan:No, I still have to do that. I think I'll go to the mall this weekend.
乔纳森: 没有,我还要去购物。我想我这个周末会去购物商场。
Dorothy:It's going to be really crowded at the mall. You should shop online.
桃乐茜: 购物商场肯定很挤。你应该在网上购物。
Jonathan:You're right. My family loves to read, so I can probably get them all presents from Amazon.com.
乔纳森:对呀。我的家人都很喜欢读书,所以我觉得或许我可以在卓越网上买到所有的礼物。
Dorothy: What do you think you'll get for your wife?
桃乐茜: 你要给你妻子买什么呢?
Jonathan: Probably a romance novel. It seems like she's always reading one of those.
乔纳森: 可能是一本浪漫小说吧。她总是读那样的书。
Dorothy:Don't you think you should get her something a little more expensive, like jewelry or maybe a new computer?
桃乐茜: 你不觉得你应该给她买点贵重一点的东西吗?比如首饰或者是一台新电脑?
Jonathan:Maybe you're right. It's hard buying gifts. I think my wife has everything she wants. Maybe I should just ask her.
乔纳森: 你说得没错儿。买礼物真的很难。我觉得我妻子有她想要的一切。或许我应该问问她。