Wilson: Have you ever been to a mosque?
威尔逊:你去过清真寺吗?
Tom: No. I'm an atheist. Have you?
汤姆:没去过,我是个无神论者。你去过吗?
Wilson: I just went to yesterday with my new neighbors. They are Muslims from Tunisia.
威尔逊:我昨天跟我的新邻居一起去了,他们是穆斯林,来自突尼斯。
Tom: Islam gives a man permission to marry two, three or four women, only on the condition that he deals justly with them.
汤姆:伊斯兰教准许一名男子娶两个、三个或四个女子,但前提条件是他必须公正地对待她们。
Wilson: I don't know. I never paid much attention before, but now I think I'm getting interested. This religion has existed side by side with Christianity for more than a millennium, and we have no more than a superficial understanding of it.
威尔逊:我不知道。我以前从来没有留意过,但是现在我觉得我很感兴趣。伊斯兰教已经和基督教共存了一千多年,而我们对这个宗教的理解却甚为肤浅。
Tom: Well, I'm quite OK with that.
汤姆:这我倒不介意。
Wilson: And there is the 13th century Persian poet who wrote about Islam. I am reading his poetry.
威尔逊:我在读一位13世纪波斯诗人写的关于伊斯兰教的诗。
Tom: What's his name?
汤姆:他叫什么?
Wilson: Rumi. In fact, the 2007 was designated the Year of Rumi by UNESCO.
威尔逊:鲁米。事实上,2007年被联合国教科文组织定为“鲁米年”。
Tom: Oh, you are a scholar.
汤姆:噢,你真是爱研究。