Jim: Lee, what's your hometown famous for?
吉姆:李,你的家乡因什么出名?
Lee: My hometown Hunan has many specialties, such as Xiang Lotus, stinky tofu, and the most famous hot peppers.
李:我的家乡湖南有很多特产,比如湘莲、臭豆腐,还有最著名的辣椒。
Jim: Sounds attractive. I love stinky tofu very much.
吉姆听起来很诱人。我很喜欢臭豆腐。
Lee: What about your hometown?
李:你的家乡呢?
Jim: My hometown is very different from yours. Hainan Province has many unique products like rubber, coconut, pineapple and so on. We also plant areca.
吉姆:我的家乡和你的大不一样。海南省有很多独特的产品,例如橡胶、椰子、菠萝等等。我们也种槟榔。
Lee: Well, as far as I'm concerned, it's people in Hunan that consume the most arecas in the whole China.
李:啊,但是据我所知,湖南人才是中国消费槟榔最多的吧。
Jim: Yes. That's a very interesting phenomenon.
吉姆:是啊。那也是很有趣的现象。
Lee: You know? There is a small county called Xiang Tan, people there love arecas very much. They regard arecas as honorable gifts to give and treat their guest.
李:你知道吗?有个叫湘潭的小县城,那里的人们非常喜欢槟榔。他们把槟榔当成是送礼和待客的非常尊贵的东西。
Jim: I think I can work in Hunan in the future. I'm pretty sure that I'll fall in love with that place.
吉姆:我想以后我可以去湖南工作。我非常确信我会爱上那个地方。
Lee: I love it too. And it's really a lovable place.
李:我也很爱那个地方。它确实很讨人喜欢。