In this lesson, we are going to learn the phrases that we can use when we have to make an excuse because we are unable to do something.
这节课,我们将会学习到当我们因为无法完成某事而编些理由能时用到的短语。
不能去旅行
Cherry:嘿,怎么了?
Lizzie: Nothing much, busy as usual with work.
Lizzie:没什么太多的事,和往常一样忙。
Cherry: I am planning to go to the beach this Saturday. Would you join in?
Cherry:这个星期六我打算去海滩边,和我一起过去不?
Lizzie: Wow! I wish I could. But I am going outside the city on Saturday for a meeting so I can't make it.
Lizzie:哇,我也希望可以过去,但星期六我要去市里开会,所以我就不陪你去了。
Cherry: Oh that's sad to hear Lizzie. It will really be fun.
Cherry:哦,莉齐,听到这些真的很遗憾,那肯定会很有趣的。
Lizzie: I know but I am stuck with work. I will join you guys some other time.
Lizzie:我知道,但我工作太忙了,下次我会和你们一起的。
早退
Lizzie: Excuse me professor. I have a problem and I need to leave the class early.
Lizzie:打扰一下,教授,我碰到些问题需要提前离开。
John: What could be more important than School Elizabeth?
John:有什么还比到伊丽莎白学校更重要的事呢?
Lizzie: I need to go to the airport to pick a relative.
Lizzie:我需要去机场接一个亲戚。
John: And how do you intend to make up for the missed class?
John:你打算怎样补上落下的课程?
Lizzie: I will get the notes from my friends, and I will study them at home.
Lizzie:我会从朋友那里借来笔记,我会在家里学习。
John: Alright, but remember there's a test this Tuesday which will have questions from today's lesson.
John:行,但要记住在星期二有次测试,里面有和今天课程有关的问题。
Lizzie: Thanks professor. I'll make sure I cover what I miss.
Lizzie:谢谢你,教授,我确定我会补上我错过的课程。
John: Okay, I will excuse you today.
John:好吧,我今天原谅你了。
Not submitting a report on time
没有按时交上报告
John: Mike, you were supposed to bring me the financial report 2 days ago. Where is it?
John:迈克,你两天前应该把财政报告带来给我了,现在在哪呢?
Mike: I am just about to finish it John. Just need another hour.
Mike:我就要完成了,就只需要一个小时了。
John: Hey! I needed it yesterday! What took so long?
John:嘿,我昨天就要用了,什么占据了这么多时间?
Mike: I am sorry, but I wasn't in yesterday because I was ill.
Mike:很抱歉,我昨天生病了,没有做。
John: Oh really? I didn't know that. Well I hope you're feeling better and you can finish this report now.
John:哦,真的吗?我并不了解这些,好吧,希望你感觉好了一点,然后完成这份报告。
Mike: It's ready. I just need to check a couple of things. I will be down in your office in about an hour.
Mike:已经完成了,我需要检查一些东西,一小时之内我会把它带到你办公室。
John: Thank you Mike. I need the report to make a presentation tomorrow.
John:谢谢你,迈克,我明天需要做演示报告。
Mike: No problems. It will be ready.
Mike:没问题,会准备好的。
Excusing friend for party
朋友聚会的理由
Lizzie: Hey, Where were you last night John! We waited for you so long at the party.
Lizzie:嘿,约翰,你昨晚在哪里?我们在派对上等你很长时间。
John: I am sorry I couldn't make it to the party. I had to stay late at the office.
John:很抱歉,我没能赶去派对,我昨天办公室里不得不熬夜。
Lizzie: But I told you about the party 5 days ago!
Lizzie:我5天前就通知你这派对了!
John: Yeah I know, but I had a presentation the next day and I needed to prepare.
John:是的,我知道,我明天有个演示报告,我需要准备一下。
Lizzie: You could have called John.
Lizzie:约翰,那你应该打电话的。
John: Yes, I am sorry. I was just buried in work.
John:是的,很抱歉,我工作太忙了。
Lizzie: Hmmm.. Okay. Well don't do this again.
Lizzie:嗯,没事,下次别这样了。
John: Sure I won't.
John:绝对不会了。