Part seven
第七章
Extraction
拔牙
Doctor Smith, a patient is in the waiting room. She has a toothache. She doesn't have an appointment.
候诊室里有一个病人。她患牙痛。她没有事先预约。
Bring her into this treatment room, please.
请带她到这间诊室。
Hello, Doctor Smith. How are you today?
你好,医生, 今天好吗?
Hello, Mrs. Waters. I haven't seen you for a long time.
你好,沃特丝太太. 好久不见。
That's right. I believe it's been more than 6 months.
是呀。我想已经有6个月不见了。
What can I do for you today?
今天怎样?
I have a tooth that's sensitive. The gum around it is swollen. I've taken aspirin, but it doesn't help.
我有一颗牙齿很敏感, 牙龈都肿了。我服用了阿司匹林还是不管用。
Let me see. Open your mouth wide, please. The third molar (wisdom tooth) is badly decayed.
让我看一看,请把嘴巴张大。第三颗智齿蛀的很厉害。
I wanted to extract that tooth last year. Do you remember?
去年我就要把这颗牙拔掉,你还记得吗?
Yes, I do, but I was afraid to have it extracted. It wasn't hurting then. What can you do, Doctor?
记得。可是我怕拔牙。当时这颗牙并不痛。医生,该怎么办?
The only thing to do is to remove it.
唯一的办法就是把它拔掉。
Will it hurt?
痛不痛?
No, it won't hunt. I'll give you an anesthetic.
不会痛, 我会给你麻醉。
Is there any chance to save it?
能保留的住吗?
No, absolutely not. It's infected and nothing can be done.
不能,肯定保不住了。已经感染了,实在没有别的什么办法了。
I understand. Can you take it out now, or will you have to give me an antibiotic?
明白了。你能现在就把它拔掉呢, 还是给我用抗生素?
There's no need for an antibiotic, not in this case.
用不着抗生素, 再这种情况下用不着。
The best way to treat this problem is to extract the tooth before the pain and infection get worse.
解决这个问题最好的方法就是趁着疼痛和感染都没那么厉害的时候把这颗牙拔了。
Miss Jones, sterilize my surgical instruments and put an apron on the patient.
琼丝小姐,把手术器械消毒,给病人盖上围巾。
I want to extract a tooth. It's the lower, left, third molar.
我要给病人拔牙,拔的是下排左边的第三颗磨牙。
Yes, doctor. The surgical instruments are in the sterilizer. The anesthetic syringe is sterilized and ready .
是的。手术器械在消毒器里。麻醉注射器已消毒和准备好了。
Good. Give me the topical anesthetic, please.
好,请给我局部麻药..
I'll put some of this anesthetic on the gum before I give you the injection.
在注射之前我要在牙龈上放些麻醉药。
It will lessen the discomfort of the injection.
这样在注射时就不会太难受了。