Lodge a claim
提出索赔
A:What shall we do when we find a shortage in the shipment?
A:如果发现货物短缺,我们该怎么办?
B:You should do one of the two things: either to lodge a claim with the ship-owner or with the insurance company.
B:你可以选择两种做法中的一种:一是向船主提出索赔,一是向保险公司提出索赔,
A:Shall we leave it to the brokers.
A:那由中间人去处理吗?
B:Yes.They usually do it.
B:是的,一般都由中间人处理
A:Do they charge for that?
A:那中间人要收费用吗?
B:Of course.In Europe,they charge a commission of 1% of the amount of the claim for their service.
B:当然在欧洲中间人一般要收索赔金额的1%作为他们服务的佣金。
A:Is it the same in America?
A:在美国是怎样的情况?
B:They do the work without charge to the importer.
B:他们向进口商提供这类服务是不收费的。
A:It's part of their service, isn't it?
A:这是中间人的业务服务范围,对吧?
B:Exactly.
B:对。
A:Is it enough to claim with an on board bill of lading?
A:提出索赔时,光凭一份货已装船提单够不够?
B:No.you must also obtain a statement from the shipping agent certifying that the goods were actually loaded on their vessel for shipment.
B:不够,你还必须从运输代理那里获得一份证明,证明货物的确是装往他们的船运输出去的。
A: I see. By the way,how do we prove the ownership of our goods?
A:我明白了。另外我们怎样证明货物是我们的呢?
B : You must provide full original set of ocean bills of lading origina insurance policy or certificate and the original commercia invoice.
B:你方必须提供全套原始海洋提单,原始保险单或保险凭证以及商业发票原件。
A: I see. Thank you.
A:我明白了。谢谢
B:You are welcome.
B:不客气