第五章
当然不是!
Have you ever been arrested?
你曾经被逮捕过吗?
Absolutely not! I've never broken the law.
当然没有!我从来没有触犯过法律。
以后再见......
I'd better hurry if I'm going to get the bus.
我要赶车的话就得快点走了。
Okay. Catch you later.
好的,再见吧。
振作起来!
I'm really worried about the drop-off in my business.
我非常担心生意的下滑。
Cheer up! I'm sure business will pick up soon.
振作起来!我相信生意很快就会好起来的。
难道我不知道吗!
You really seem to be under a lot of pressure these days.
这些天你看上去压力真的很大。
Don't I know it!
难道我自己还不知道吗!
不要再说了!
Going to Hawaii?
你要去夏威夷吗?
Don't say it! I realize this aloha shirt is a bit bright.
不要再说了!我知道这件夏威夷衬衫的颜色有点亮。
(我)见过更好的呢。
How do you like this spreadsheet program?
你觉得这个电子数据表格程序怎么样?
Oh, I've seen better.
哦,还有更好的呢。
我相信我们见过面。
Jack, this is my friend Sally.
杰克,这是我的朋友塞莉。
I believe we've met. Nice to see you again, Sally.
我相信我们见过面。很高兴再次见到你,塞莉。
286.(I) hope to see you again (sometime).
(我)希望(以后)和您再会。
It was a pleasure meeting you, Tom.
很高兴见到你,汤姆。
The pleasure was mine. I hope to see you again sometime.
我也是,希望以后和您再会。
287.(I) read you loud and clear.
(我)完全明白你的意思。
If our section fails to get its quota, we will be in hot water.
如果我们的部门没有完成指标,情况就不怎么妙了。
I read you loud and clear. Let's pull together on this.
我完全明白你的意思。让我们一起努力吧。
我能办到的。
You can't win the tennis match.
你不可能赢的得网球比赛。
You couldn't even hit the ball the last time I saw you play.
上次我看到你玩的时候你连球都击不中呢!
I can too. I've practiced a lot since then.
我会的!打那以后我已经练习了很多了!
289.I can't thank you enough.
我怎么感激你都不过分。
Here, Tom. This is the extra J-League ticket I said I would give you.
嗨,汤姆。这是我说过要给你的特别J联赛门票。
Great, Jim. I can't thank you enough!
太棒了,吉姆。太感谢你了!