Part 8 Telephone and Invitation
第8部分:电话和邀请
I.Useful Expressions
I.实用表达
1)Hello!May I speak to Thomas?
1)喂,请找下托马斯好吗?
2)Hello,is that Mary?
2)喂,是玛丽吗?
3)This is Thomas speaking.
3)我就是托马斯,请讲.
4)This is he,who is that speaking?
4)我就是,您哪位?
5)Sorry,he's not in (at the moment).
5)对不起,这会儿他不在.
6)I'm afraid he's not available.
6)这会儿他不在.
7)Just a minute,I'll see if he's in.
7)稍等,我看看他在不在.
8)But how can I reach him?
8)我怎么能找着他呢?
9)Marry,you are wanted on the phone.
9)玛丽,你的电话.
10)May I leave a message?
10)我可以留个口信吗?
11)Need I take a message for him?
11)要我带个口信吗?
12)Are you free this weekend?
12)这周末你有空吗?
13)Yes,what do you have in mind?
13)有空,什么好事?
14)I'd like to invite you to watch the football games tonight.
14)我想今晚请你去看足球赛.
15)We're going to throw a party this evening,will you join us?
15)今晚我们要开个晚会,你过来吗?
16)I'd love to,but I don't have time tomorrow.
16)我想去,可是明天我没时间.
II.Dialogues
II.对话
1)A:Hello?
1)A:喂?
B:Hello?May I speak to Thomas?
B:喂,请找一下托马斯.
A:Just a minute,I'll see if he's in.
A:稍等,我看看他在不在.
B:Thank you.
B:谢谢.
A:I'm afraid he's not available.Need I take a message?
A:他不在,要我稍个信吗?
B:Don't bother.I'll call him later.
B:不用麻烦了,我等会儿再找他吧.
2)A:Hello?
2)A:喂?
B:Hello?May I speak to Mary?
B:喂,请问玛丽在吗?
A:I'm afraid she's not in at the moment.
A:她这会儿不在.
B:May I leave a message?
B:我可以留个口信吗?
A:Sure.What's it?
A:当然可以,怎么说?
B:Would you tell her to call Harley when she is back?My number is 64212288.
B:请你让好回来后给哈利回个电话好吗?我的电话是64212288.
A:So that's Harley and the phone number is 64212288.
A:好的,让她给哈利回电话64212288.
B:Yes,Thank you very much.Bye.
B:对,谢谢你,再见.
A:Bye.
A:再见.
3)A:Hello?
3)A:喂?
B:Hello?Is that Lina?
B:喂,是丽娜吗?
A:Yes,but who is that?
A:是的,您哪位?
B:This is Tom.I'm thinking of inviting you to dinner tonight.
B:我是汤姆,今晚请你吃饭如何?
A:I'd love to,but I have an important meeting this evening.
A:我倒是候去,可晚上我有一个重要的会.
B:In that case,let's make it another time.
B:那就改天吧.
A:Thank you anyway.Bye
A:谢谢,再见.
4)A:Hello?
4)A:喂?
B:Hello?May I speak to Jane?
B:喂,请找一下简.
A:Speaking.
A:我就是,您请讲.
B:Hi,Jane.This is Frank.How are you doing?
B:嗨,简.我是弗兰克.你怎么样啊?
A:Fine,thank you.And you?
A:很好,谢谢,你呢?
B:Not bad.Well,are you free this evening?
B:还可以.今晚有空吗?
A:But what do you have in mind?
A:什么事呢?
B:I've got two tickets for the women's football match between China and Norway.
B:我有两张中国对挪威的女足球票.
A:Great,I love that.
A:太好了,去.
B:Then I'll go and pick you up at 6 o'clock.
B:那我6点过去接你.
A:Good.So see you.
A:好的,再见.
B:See you.
B:再见.