请求
Please.
麻烦你。
A:More tea,please.
麻烦你,再来点茶。
B:Yes.sir.
好的,先生。
May I have a word with you?
可以和你谈谈吗?
A: May I have a word with you?
可以和你谈谈吗?
B: I'm very busy. Please make the long story short.
我很忙,请长话短说。
have a word with“与…谈谈”
Could you spare me a few minutes?= Could I have a moment?= Do you have a minute?
可否借我几分钟?
spare v. 抽出,让给
Would you turn down the stereo?
请把音量关小一点,好吗?
stereo n. 立体声音响
turn down“降低,减弱”
I'm begging you.
求求你。
A:I can't help you now.
我现在没法帮你忙。
B:I'm begging you.
求求你。
beg v. 请求,乞求
Please.I really need your help.
拜托,我真的需要你的帮助。
A:Please,I really need your help.
拜托,我真的需要你的帮助。
B: I can't. Don't give me a hard time.
我没办法,不要为难我。
求助时,要有礼貌,please这个词无论在什么场合都不会显得多余。
You could give him a hand.
你总可以帮他一把。
A: You could give him a hand.
你总可以帮他一把。
B:But I can't see why.
我觉得没必要。
give sb.a hand“帮助某人”
Could you tell me your telephone number?
你能告诉我你的电话号码吗?
A: Could you tell me your telephone number?
你能告诉我你的电话号码吗?
B:Yes, of course.
当然可以。
May I ask you a favor.= Can you do me a favor?= Will you do me a favor?
可否请你帮个忙?
A:May I ask you a favor?
可否请你帮个忙?
B:Sure. What's it?
好啊,什么事?
favor n. 协助,支持,厚爱,恩惠
I'll regard it as a favor if you could come.
如果你能来,我将不胜感激。
A: I'll regard it as a favor if you could come.
如果你能来,我将不胜感激。
B: I'd be delighted to if I'm free.
如有时间我很乐意去。
regard as“把…看作”
I'd like you to call me tomorrow= Would you call me tomorrow?
希望你明天可以打电话给我。
Wait for a moment, please.= Wait one minute, please= Wait one moment, please= Wait a minute, please.= Wait a second, please.
请稍等一会儿。
I'd appreciate it if you could attend your party.
如果你能参加我们的晚会,我将不胜感激。
A: I'd appreciate it if you could attend our party.
如果你能参加我们的晚会,我将不胜感激。
B: Thanks for your invitation. I'll be there on time.
谢谢你的邀请。我会准时到的。
appreciate v. 赏识,感激
Do you mind if I ask you a favor?= May I ask you a favor?= Would you please do me a favor?
你能帮我一个忙吗?
Would you please help me type it?
你能帮我把它打印出来吗?
A:Would you please help me type it?
你能帮我把它打印出来吗?
B:My pleasure.
很乐意。
Could I trouble you to shut the door?= Would you mind shutting the door?
能麻烦您关一下门吗?
Will you pass ne the notebook, please?= Can you hand me the notebook, please?= May I have the notebook, please?
能把笔记本递给我吗?
pass sb. sth.“递给某人某物”
Could I be excused?
我可以走开了吗?
A:Could I be excused?
我可以走开了吗?
B: Wait for a moment.I have something to talk with you.
等一下。我有事跟你说。
I wonder iff you could post something for me.
我想知道你是否能帮我邮寄点东西。
A: I wonder if you could post something for me.
我想知道你是否能帮我邮寄点东西。
B: I'm sorry. I'm afraid I can't today.
对不起,恐怕今天不行。
I wonder后面一般接"if"或者"whether"来表示“我想知道是否…”。
Can I bring something?
我可以带点东西去吗?
Do I need to bring anything?
我要带什么东西去吗?
Do you have time?= Do you have a minute?
能耽误你几分钟吗?
Would you object if I turn off the radio?
我把收音机关掉你不反对吧?
A:Would you object if I turn off the radio?
我把收音机关掉你不反对吧?
B:No. It's noisy.
不反对。太吵了。
object v. 反对
turn off“关掉”
I beg your pardon?= Pardon?
请再说一遍好吗?
Pardon,please.
请再说一遍。
这句话要以升调来读,如果用降调的话,所表达的意思是“我请求你原谅我”。
I wonder if you could move the desk for me.= Would you be so kind as to move the desk for me?
我想知道您是否能帮我搬一下桌子。
I awonder if you'd mind my playing the piano.
不知您是否介意我弹钢琴?
A: I wonder if you'd mind my playing the piano.
不知您是否介意我弹钢琴?
B: Oh, no. Go ahead, please.
哦,不。你弹吧。
go ahead。坐吧,干吧,说吧,进行吧”
“演奏乐器”的表达法应为“play+ the+乐器名”,“the”不可以省略。
Can you find it in your heart to forgive me?
您能从心里原谅我吗?
I beg your forgiveness.
我恳求您宽恕我。
forgive v. 原谅,宽恕
May I ask you something?= Could I ask you a question, please?
我可以请教您下吗?
Let's have a little talk.
我们谈一会儿吧。
A: Let's have a little talk.
我们谈一会儿吧。
B:What's it about?
谈什么?
May I use your phone?
能借用一下电话吗?
A: May I use your phone?
能借用一下电话吗?
B:Sure. Go ahead.
可以,请用吧。