手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语口语 > 实战口语 > The english we speak > 正文

The english we speak(BBC教学)第133期:Do 宴会

编辑:Aimee   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Hello and welcome to The English We Speak. I'm Neil Edgeller.
  • 大家好,欢迎收听地道英语节目。我是尼尔·埃杰勒。
  • And I'm Feng Feifei. Neil, you look terrible! You've got red eyes, grey skin and your voice is so rough!
  • 我是冯菲菲。尼尔,你看起来很糟糕!你的眼睛发红,肤色发灰,声音沙哑!
  • Oh, Feifei, you're right. I feel terrible. I went to a leaving do last night and I drank too much beer... and wine...
  • 菲菲,你说得没错。我感觉很糟。我昨晚参加了一个欢送会,我喝了太多啤酒,还有红酒……
  • A leaving do? Do?
  • 一个leaving do?Do?
  • Yes, a leaving do. A colleague has got a job at another company and had a party to celebrate his last day.
  • 对,一个欢送会。一个同事在另一家公司找到了份新工作,所以他办了个聚会来庆祝他在这里的最后一天。
  • So it was a party?
  • 所以那是个派对?
  • Yes, that's what I said. It was a leaving do.
  • 对,就是我刚才说过的,一个欢送会。
  • Right, so 'do' is a noun and it means party?
  • 好,所以do在这里是个名词,意思是聚会?
  • Yes, that's right. It's British English. Urgh.
  • 对,没错。这是英式英语。
  • Ah, so in British English, another word for party is 'do'.
  • 所以在英式英语中,派对也可以用do来表示。
  • Did you enjoy Mary's wedding?
  • 你在玛丽的婚礼上玩得开心吗?
  • Oh, it was an amazing do. The food was delicious and there was an excellent band playing. We danced all night!
  • 哦,那真是个非常精彩的宴会。食物非常好吃,而且乐队演奏非常棒。我们整晚都在跳舞!
  • Oh, hi Dave. We're having a bit of a do on Saturday and wondered if you and Sally would like to come over?
  • 你好,戴夫。我们打算周六举行一场小型宴会,不知道你和萨莉愿不愿意来参加?
  • Thanks, that would be great. You two always put on a good do.
  • 谢谢你,那真是太好了。你们两个人总是举办精彩的宴会。
  • So is this a common word?
  • 所以这个词很常用吗?
  • Yes, you'll hear it all the time: especially in certain phrases.
  • 对,你会经常听到这个词;尤其是在特定的词组中。
  • Like what?
  • 举例来说呢?
  • Well, a leaving do.
  • 比如欢送会。
  • A leaving do.
  • 欢送会。
  • And a bit of a do–we're having a bit of a do.
  • 还有小型聚会,我们计划办场小型聚会。
  • A bit of a do. So, was it a good leaving do last night?
  • 小型聚会。那昨晚的欢送会精彩吗?
  • Um, yes, yes, yes it was very good... I think. I can't really remember...
  • 嗯,很棒,非常精彩……我想,其实我不太记得了……
  • Go home and get some sleep!
  • 回家睡一会儿吧!
  • That's a very, very good idea. Bye for now.
  • 这是个非常棒的主意。现在该结束节目了。
  • Bye!
  • 再见!


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Neil: Hello and welcome to The English We Speak. I'm Neil Edgeller.

尼尔:大家好,欢迎收听地道英语节目。我是尼尔·埃杰勒。
Feifei: And I'm Feng Feifei. Neil, you look terrible! You've got red eyes, grey skin and your voice is so rough!
菲菲:我是冯菲菲。尼尔,你看起来很糟糕!你的眼睛发红,肤色发灰,声音沙哑!
Neil: Oh, Feifei, you're right. I feel terrible. I went to a leaving do last night and I drank too much beer... and wine...
尼尔:菲菲,你说得没错。我感觉很糟。我昨晚参加了一个欢送会,我喝了太多啤酒,还有红酒……
Feifei: A leaving do? Do?
菲菲:一个leaving doDo
Neil: Yes, a leaving do. A colleague has got a job at another company and had a party to celebrate his last day.
尼尔:对,一个欢送会。一个同事在另一家公司找到了份新工作,所以他办了个聚会来庆祝他在这里的最后一天。
Feifei: So it was a party?
菲菲:所以那是个派对?
Neil: Yes, that's what I said. It was a leaving do.
尼尔:对,就是我刚才说过的,一个欢送会。
Feifei: Right, so 'do' is a noun and it means party?
菲菲:好,所以do在这里是个名词,意思是聚会?
Neil: Yes, that's right. It's British English. Urgh.
尼尔:对,没错。这是英式英语。
Feifei: Ah, so in British English, another word for party is 'do'.
菲菲:所以在英式英语中,派对也可以用do来表示。
A: Did you enjoy Mary's wedding?
A你在玛丽的婚礼上玩得开心吗?
B: Oh, it was an amazing do. The food was delicious and there was an excellent band playing. We danced all night!
B哦,那真是个非常精彩的宴会。食物非常好吃,而且乐队演奏非常棒。我们整晚都在跳舞!
A: Oh, hi Dave. We're having a bit of a do on Saturday and wondered if you and Sally would like to come over?
A你好,戴夫。我们打算周六举行一场小型宴会,不知道你和萨莉愿不愿意来参加?
B: Thanks, that would be great. You two always put on a good do.
B谢谢你,那真是太好了。你们两个人总是举办精彩的宴会。
Feifei: So is this a common word?
菲菲:所以这个词很常用吗?
Neil: Yes, you'll hear it all the time: especially in certain phrases.
尼尔:对,你会经常听到这个词;尤其是在特定的词组中。
Feifei: Like what?
菲菲:举例来说呢?
Neil: Well, a leaving do.
尼尔:比如欢送会。
Feifei: A leaving do.
菲菲:欢送会。
Neil: And a bit of a dowe're having a bit of a do.
尼尔:还有小型聚会,我们计划办场小型聚会。
Feifei: A bit of a do. So, was it a good leaving do last night?
菲菲:小型聚会。那昨晚的欢送会精彩吗?
Neil: Um, yes, yes, yes it was very good... I think. I can't really remember...
尼尔:嗯,很棒,非常精彩……我想,其实我不太记得了……
Feifei: Go home and get some sleep!
菲菲:回家睡一会儿吧!
Neil: That's a very, very good idea. Bye for now.
尼尔:这是个非常棒的主意。现在该结束节目了。
Feifei: Bye!
菲菲:再见!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
stoke [stəuk]

想一想再看

vi. 添加燃料 vt. 给(炉子)添燃料,烧(火) 大

 
band [bænd]

想一想再看

n. 带,箍,波段
n. 队,一群,乐队

 
mechanic [mi'kænik]

想一想再看

adj. 手工的
n. 技工,机修工

 
certain ['sə:tn]

想一想再看

adj. 确定的,必然的,特定的
pron.

 
celebrate ['selibreit]

想一想再看

v. 庆祝,庆贺,颂扬

联想记忆
colleague ['kɔli:g]

想一想再看

n. 同事

联想记忆
rough [rʌf]

想一想再看

adj. 粗糙的,粗略的,粗暴的,艰难的,讨厌的,不适的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。