手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语口语 > 实战口语 > The english we speak > 正文

The english we speak(BBC教学)第121期:smoothie 水果奶昔

编辑:Aimee   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Hello and welcome to The English We Speak, I'm Neil.
  • 大家好,欢迎来到地道英语节目,我是尼尔。
  • And I'm Li. Neil what are you drinking? Whatever it is, it sounds very refreshing.
  • 我是李。尼尔你在喝什么?不管是什么,听上去非常清爽。
  • Ah yes it is, Li. It's so fruity and refreshing.
  • 李,这的确很清爽。这饮料水果味浓郁,而且很清爽。
  • What kind of juice is it?
  • 这是什么果汁?
  • Oh it's not juice, it's a smoothie.
  • 哦,这不是果汁,这是水果奶昔。
  • A smoothie?
  • 水果奶昔?
  • Yeah, a smoothie. The fruit is blended rather than squeezed.
  • 对,水果奶昔。水果是搅拌在一起而不是榨出来的。
  • Oh I see. A smoothie is a fruit drink made from blended fruit rather than squeezed fruit.
  • 我明白了。水果奶昔就是一种水果饮料,它是由各种水果搅拌而成,而不是榨果汁。
  • And it sometimes has ice, ice cream or yoghurt in it too. Try it Li.
  • 有时还可以加冰,冰淇淋或者酸奶。李,你尝尝。
  • Oh thank you. Oh it's delicious.
  • 哦,谢谢你。哇,真好喝。
  • How would you describe the texture?
  • 你要怎么形容这口感?
  • Well, it's very thick and… smooth.
  • 嗯,味道浓郁又顺滑。
  • Exactly. And that's where the name comes from.
  • 非常准确。这就是这种饮料得名的原因。
  • It's called a smoothie because its texture is smooth.
  • 它称之为smoothie是因为它的口感很顺滑。
  • Right, who wants a drink? I fancy a cup of coffee.
  • 好,谁想喝饮料?我想喝杯咖啡。
  • Yeah but it's way too hot for coffee. Can I have one of those smoothies?
  • 好,不过现在喝咖啡太热了。我能要一杯水果奶昔吗?
  • Oh that's an idea. I think I'll have one too, if I have enough money.
  • 这是个好主意。如果我的钱够的话,我也想来杯水果奶昔。
  • Well, it's all gone now.
  • 都喝完了。
  • Oh that's a shame.
  • 真遗憾。
  • Yes… No more smoothie... Shame…
  • 是啊……没有水果奶昔了……好遗憾……
  • Oh well.
  • 好吧。
  • Li, have you had your hair done? It really suits you.
  • 李,你去做头发了吗?这发型太适合你了。
  • Oh thanks, Neil.
  • 哦,谢谢你,尼尔。
  • No, really, really. It suits your face. Actually, you're looking great at the moment. I like that outfit.
  • 真的很适合。非常适合你的脸型。实际上,你现在看起来棒极了。我喜欢你的着装。
  • Oh Neil…
  • 哦,尼尔……
  • I'd really love another smoothie, but I've just run out of money.
  • 我很想再喝杯水果奶昔,可是我没钱了。
  • Don't worry, I'll get you one.
  • 别担心,我会给你买一杯。
  • Oh thanks! I can be such a smoothie sometimes…
  • 谢谢你!看来有时我可以是这么精明圆滑的人……
  • Yes you can… Smoothie is not just a word for a drink.
  • 对,你可以……smoothie这个词并不仅仅是一种饮料。
  • That's right. It's also an adjective describing a man who can persuade people to do things for him by being charming.
  • 没错。这个词可以用做形容词,形容一个人善于施展魅力,甜言蜜语让别人为自己做事。
  • I wondered why he was paying me so many compliments.
  • 我还在想他为什么要这么费劲的赞美我呢。
  • A smoothie for the smoothie, please Li.
  • 李,请给我这个精明的人买杯水果奶昔。
  • OK, OK…
  • 好,好……


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Neil: Hello and welcome to The English We Speak, I'm Neil.

尼尔:大家好,欢迎来到地道英语节目,我是尼尔。
Li: And I'm Li. Neil what are you drinking? Whatever it is, it sounds very refreshing.
李:我是李。尼尔你在喝什么?不管是什么,听上去非常清爽。
Neil: Ah yes it is, Li. It's so fruity and refreshing.
尼尔:李,这的确很清爽。这饮料水果味浓郁,而且很清爽。
Li: What kind of juice is it?
李:这是什么果汁?
Neil: Oh it's not juice, it's a smoothie.
尼尔:哦,这不是果汁,这是水果奶昔。
Li: A smoothie?
李:水果奶昔?
Neil: Yeah, a smoothie. The fruit is blended rather than squeezed.
尼尔:对,水果奶昔。水果是搅拌在一起而不是榨出来的。
Li: Oh I see. A smoothie is a fruit drink made from blended fruit rather than squeezed fruit.
李:我明白了。水果奶昔就是一种水果饮料,它是由各种水果搅拌而成,而不是榨果汁。
Neil: And it sometimes has ice, ice cream or yoghurt in it too. Try it Li.
尼尔:有时还可以加冰,冰淇淋或者酸奶。李,你尝尝。
Li: Oh thank you. Oh it's delicious.
李:哦,谢谢你。哇,真好喝。
Neil: How would you describe the texture?
尼尔:你要怎么形容这口感?
Li: Well, it's very thick andsmooth.
李:嗯,味道浓郁又顺滑。
Neil: Exactly. And that's where the name comes from.
尼尔:非常准确。这就是这种饮料得名的原因。
Li: It's called a smoothie because its texture is smooth.
李:它称之为smoothie是因为它的口感很顺滑。
A: Right, who wants a drink? I fancy a cup of coffee.
A好,谁想喝饮料?我想喝杯咖啡。
B: Yeah but it's way too hot for coffee. Can I have one of those smoothies?
B好,不过现在喝咖啡太热了。我能要一杯水果奶昔吗?
A: Oh that's an idea. I think I'll have one too, if I have enough money.
A这是个好主意。如果我的钱够的话,我也想来杯水果奶昔。
Neil: Well, it's all gone now.
尼尔:都喝完了。
Li: Oh that's a shame.
李:真遗憾。
Neil: YesNo more smoothie... Shame
尼尔:是啊……没有水果奶昔了……好遗憾……
Li: Oh well.
李:好吧。
Neil: (Pause) Li, have you had your hair done? It really suits you.
尼尔:(停顿)李,你去做头发了吗?这发型太适合你了。
Li: Oh thanks, Neil.
李:哦,谢谢你,尼尔。
Neil: No, really, really. It suits your face. Actually, you're looking great at the moment. I like that outfit.
尼尔:真的很适合。非常适合你的脸型。实际上,你现在看起来棒极了。我喜欢你的着装。
Li: Oh Neil
李:哦,尼尔……
Neil: I'd really love another smoothie, but I've just run out of money.
尼尔:我很想再喝杯水果奶昔,可是我没钱了。
Li: Don't worry, I'll get you one.
李:别担心,我会给你买一杯。
Neil: Oh thanks! I can be such a smoothie sometimes
尼尔:谢谢你!看来有时我可以是这么精明圆滑的人……
Li: Yes you canSmoothie is not just a word for a drink.
李:对,你可以……smoothie这个词并不仅仅是一种饮料。
Neil: That's right. It's also an adjective describing a man who can persuade people to do things for him by being charming.
尼尔:没错。这个词可以用做形容词,形容一个人善于施展魅力,甜言蜜语让别人为自己做事。
Li: I wondered why he was paying me so many compliments.
李:我还在想他为什么要这么费劲的赞美我呢。
Neil: A smoothie for the smoothie, please Li.
尼尔:李,请给我这个精明的人买杯水果奶昔。
Li: OK, OK
李:好,好……

重点单词   查看全部解释    
charming ['tʃɑ:miŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 迷人的

联想记忆
persuade [pə'sweid]

想一想再看

vt. 说服,劝说

联想记忆
smooth [smu:ð]

想一想再看

adj. 平稳的,流畅的,安祥的,圆滑的,搅拌均匀的,可

 
describe [dis'kraib]

想一想再看

vt. 描述,画(尤指几何图形),说成

联想记忆
accomplish [ə'kɔmpliʃ]

想一想再看

vt. 完成

联想记忆
spoil [spɔil]

想一想再看

n. 战利品,奖品
v. 宠坏,溺爱,破坏,腐

 
shipment ['ʃipmənt]

想一想再看

n. 装船,货物,出货

 
substance ['sʌbstəns]

想一想再看

n. 物质,实质,内容,重要性,财产

联想记忆
texture ['tekstʃə]

想一想再看

n. (材料等的)结构,特点,表面,基本结构

 
memorable ['memərəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 值得纪念的,难忘的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。