手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语口语 > 实战口语 > The english we speak > 正文

The english we speak(BBC教学)第88期:To bend over backwards 竭尽全力

编辑:Aimee   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Hello. I'm Neil.
  • 大家好,我是尼尔。
  • I'm Helen. And Neil is speaking in that rather strange voice because he's in a strange position.
  • 我是海伦。尼尔用那种非常奇怪的声音说话,原因是他现在的姿势非常奇怪。
  • That's right. I'm bending over backwards–or trying to.
  • 没错。我正在向后弯腰,或者是试图向后率。
  • Bending over backwards. The problem is that you're not very flexible are you?
  • 向后弯腰。问题是你不是很灵活,不是吗?
  • No. Even if I bend forwards I can hardly touch my knees, and certainly not my toes.
  • 对。即使我向前弯腰,我也很难碰到膝盖,当然更碰不到脚趾了。
  • Well, look at me!
  • 嗯,看看我!
  • Wow! Helen! I had no idea you could do that! You can bend over backwards all the way to the floor!
  • 哇!海伦!我都不知道你能做到!你竟然能向后弯腰,并手掌触地!
  • Yes. Anyway, maybe we should explain why we're bending over backwards.
  • 对,不管怎样,可能我们要解释一下我们为什么要向后弯腰。
  • Oh, yes, of course. That's because today's phrase is:
  • 哦,对,当然了。那是因为我们今天要学习的短语就是:
  • To bend over backwards!
  • To bend over backwards!!
  • Listen to these examples and see if you can guess what it means.
  • 来听几个例子,看看大家能否猜出这个短语的意思。
  • I would bend over backwards for you–just let me know how I can help.
  • 我会竭尽全力帮你,只要告诉我我怎么能帮到你。
  • Julia bent over backwards to make sure everything was right for their visit.
  • 朱莉亚竭尽全力确保他们访问期间一切顺利。
  • Did you guess the meaning of 'to bend over backwards'?
  • 你猜到这个短语的意思了吗?
  • It means to go to great lengths or to put in a lot of effort for someone or something.
  • 意思就是为某人或者某事想尽办法或是付出大量努力。
  • Like, "I would bend over backwards to make you happy", Helen.
  • 比如“我会竭尽全力让你幸福”,海伦。
  • Ahhhh. Thank you Neil. Let's hear some more examples:
  • 啊,谢谢你,尼尔。我们再来看几个例子:
  • I bent over backwards to get Jim what he wanted, but he never thanked me.
  • 我想尽办法让吉姆得到他想要的东西,但是他从来没有谢过我。
  • I'll help you a bit, but don't expect me to bend over backwards.
  • 我会帮你一点,但是别指望我会不遗余力地帮你。
  • Oh, ooof!
  • 哦,天哪!
  • Are you okay?
  • 你还好吧?
  • I need to sit down, I think I've hurt my back!
  • 我要坐下来,我想我弄伤了我的后背!
  • Ah, Neil, you must be careful not to bend over backwards too often!
  • 尼尔,你要小心,向后弯腰不要做得太频繁!
  • Yes.
  • 没错。
  • Or you should just bend over backwards figuratively, but not literally! That's all for now. Bye!
  • 或者你应该象征性地做一下,而不是按字面意思做!我说完了。再见!
  • Bye!
  • 再见!


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Neil: Hello. I'm Neil.

尼尔:大家好,我是尼尔。
Helen: I'm Helen. And Neil is speaking in that rather strange voice because he's in a strange position.
海伦:我是海伦。尼尔用那种非常奇怪的声音说话,原因是他现在的姿势非常奇怪。
Neil: That's right. I'm bending over backwards–or trying to.
尼尔:没错。我正在向后弯腰,或者是试图向后率。
Helen: Bending over backwards. The problem is that you're not very flexible are you?
海伦:向后弯腰。问题是你不是很灵活,不是吗?
Neil: No. Even if I bend forwards I can hardly touch my knees, and certainly not my toes.
尼尔:对。即使我向前弯腰,我也很难碰到膝盖,当然更碰不到脚趾了。
Helen: Well, look at me!
海伦:嗯,看看我!
Neil: Wow! Helen! I had no idea you could do that! You can bend over backwards all the way to the floor!
尼尔:哇!海伦!我都不知道你能做到!你竟然能向后弯腰,并手掌触地!
Helen: Yes. Anyway, maybe we should explain why we're bending over backwards.
海伦:对,不管怎样,可能我们要解释一下我们为什么要向后弯腰。
Neil: Oh, yes, of course. That's because today's phrase is:
尼尔:哦,对,当然了。那是因为我们今天要学习的短语就是:
Helen & Neil: To bend over backwards!
海伦&尼尔:To bend over backwards!!
Helen: Listen to these examples and see if you can guess what it means.
海伦:来听几个例子,看看大家能否猜出这个短语的意思。
I would bend over backwards for you–just let me know how I can help.
我会竭尽全力帮你,只要告诉我我怎么能帮到你。
Julia bent over backwards to make sure everything was right for their visit.
朱莉亚竭尽全力确保他们访问期间一切顺利。
Neil: Did you guess the meaning of 'to bend over backwards'?
尼尔:你猜到这个短语的意思了吗?
Helen: It means to go to great lengths or to put in a lot of effort for someone or something.
海伦:意思就是为某人或者某事想尽办法或是付出大量努力。
Neil: Like, "I would bend over backwards to make you happy", Helen.
尼尔:比如“我会竭尽全力让你幸福”,海伦。
Helen: Ahhhh. Thank you Neil. Let's hear some more examples:
海伦:啊,谢谢你,尼尔。我们再来看几个例子:
I bent over backwards to get Jim what he wanted, but he never thanked me.
我想尽办法让吉姆得到他想要的东西,但是他从来没有谢过我。
I'll help you a bit, but don't expect me to bend over backwards.
我会帮你一点,但是别指望我会不遗余力地帮你。
Neil: Oh, ooof!
尼尔:哦,天哪!
Helen: Are you okay?
海伦:你还好吧?
Neil: I need to sit down, I think I've hurt my back!
尼尔:我要坐下来,我想我弄伤了我的后背!
Helen: Ah, Neil, you must be careful not to bend over backwards too often!
海伦:尼尔,你要小心,向后弯腰不要做过太频繁!
Neil: Yes.
尼尔:没错。
Helen: Or you should just bend over backwards figuratively, but not literally! That's all for now. Bye!
海伦:或者你应该象征性地做一下,而不是按字面意思做!我说完了。再见!
Neil: Bye!
尼尔:再见!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
bent [bent]

想一想再看

bend的过去式和过去分词 adj. 下定决心的,弯曲的

联想记忆
flexible ['fleksəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 灵活的,易弯曲的,柔韧的,可变通的

联想记忆
sue [su:]

想一想再看

vt. 控告,起诉
vi. 请求,追求,起诉

 
phrase [freiz]

想一想再看

n. 短语,习语,个人风格,乐句
vt. 措词

联想记忆
bend [bend]

想一想再看

v. 弯曲,使弯曲,屈服,屈从
n. 弯曲,弯

 
solve [sɔlv]

想一想再看

v. 解决,解答

 
strike [straik]

想一想再看

n. 罢工,打击,殴打
v. 打,撞,罢工,划

 
unrealistic [.ʌnriə'listik]

想一想再看

adj. 不切实际的,不实在的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。