手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语口语 > 实战口语 > The english we speak > 正文

The english we speak(BBC教学)第85期:Not give someone the time of day 对某人不理不睬

编辑:Aimee   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Hi there Li.
  • 李,你好。
  • Oh, hi Chris.
  • 哦,你好,克里斯。
  • Are you alright? You seem annoyed?
  • 你还好吗?你看起来很生气。
  • Oh, I'm fed up. I had to stay late at work again yesterday.
  • 哦,我很烦。我昨天又不得不加班到很晚。
  • I still didn't manage to finish all the work, so I came in early today as well.
  • 我还是没能完成所有的工作,所以我今天很早就来了。
  • Sounds like you need a cup of tea. I'll put the kettle on. What have you got to finish?
  • 听起来你需要一杯茶。我去烧壶水。你要完成什么工作?
  • Well, it's not even my work I have to finish–it's Lisa's.
  • 嗯,其实我要完成的并不是我的工作,是丽萨的工作。
  • What do you mean?
  • 你是什么意思?
  • Since she started, she's always asking me to do her work for her.
  • 她开始工作以来,就一直不停地让我帮她做她的工作。
  • She'll start it, and then give it to me to complete,
  • 她开始一项工作,然后把那份工作交给我来完成,
  • then leave early while I have to stay late to get it all done!
  • 之后提早下班,而我却不得不加班到深夜来完成所有工作!
  • Oh, I know how you feel. Lisa did the same thing to me last week.
  • 哦,我了解你的感受。上周,丽萨也让我做了同样的事。
  • She's really difficult to work with. Normally I wouldn't give her the time of day, but she is the manager's secretary.
  • 真的很难与她一起共事。通常我都不理她,可是她是经理的秘书啊。
  • You wouldn't give her the time of day? What time?
  • 你不会把一天的时间给她?什么时间啊?
  • No, no… it's an expression–a negative expression. What I meant was I wouldn't normally pay attention to her.
  • 不是,不是……这是一个固定表达,是一个否定表达。我的意思是通常我不会理她。
  • It's a bit of an unfriendly expression to use. Here are some examples:
  • 这是一个不太友好的表达。这里是一些例子:
  • After the way Dave talked about me during the meeting, I wouldn't give him the time of day.
  • 在戴夫在会议上用那种方式和我说话以后,我就不理他了。
  • Politicians are all the same–they're never honest. I wouldn't give any of them the time of day.
  • 政治家都一样,他们从来没有诚实过。我不会关注他们的。
  • Long ago, in Shakespeare's time, the phrase 'good time of day' was a greeting often used. These days we say 'good morning'…
  • 很久以前,在莎士比亚时代,good time of day这个短语是用来打招呼的。就是我们现在说的“早上好”……
  • Or 'good afternoon'.
  • 或者是“下午好”。
  • That's right. So to say that you wouldn't give someone the time of day means you wouldn't want to greet them or say hello.
  • 没错。所以如果你不给某个人一天的时间,意思就是你不会跟他们打招呼或问候。
  • So the saying means you refuse to give someone your attention.
  • 所以这个短语的意思就是你拒绝关注某个人。
  • Oh, I see.
  • 我明白了。
  • But sadly we can't avoid some people in the office, no matter how hard we try!
  • 不过很不幸,我们无法避开办公室的一些人,无论我们多努力的尝试也没用!
  • Well, I'd better get back to work… I've got so much to do!
  • 嗯,我最好还是回去工作吧……我有特别多的工作要做!
  • Good luck. Let me know if you need any help.
  • 祝你好运。如果需要帮助尽管开口。
  • Thanks Chris. See you later.
  • 谢谢你,克里斯。一会儿见。


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Chris: Hi there Li.

克里斯:李,你好。
Li: Oh, hi Chris.
李:哦,你好,克里斯。
Chris: Are you alright? You seem annoyed?
克里斯:你还好吗?你看起来很生气。
Li: Oh, I'm fed up. I had to stay late at work again yesterday. I still didn't manage to finish all the work, so I came in early today as well.
李:哦,我很烦。我昨天又不得不加班到很晚。我还是没能完成所有的工作,所以我今天很早就来了。
Chris: Sounds like you need a cup of tea. I'll put the kettle on. What have you got to finish?
克里斯:听起来你需要一杯茶。我去烧壶水。你要完成什么工作?
Li: Well, it's not even my work I have to finish–it's Lisa's.
李:嗯,其实我要完成的并不是我的工作,是丽萨的工作。
Chris: What do you mean?
克里斯:你是什么意思?
Li: Since she started, she's always asking me to do her work for her. She'll start it, and then give it to me to complete, then leave early while I have to stay late to get it all done!
李:她开始工作以来,就一直不停地让我帮她做她的工作。她开始一项工作,然后把那份工作交给我来完成,之后提早下班,而我却不得不加班到深夜来完成所有工作!
Chris: Oh, I know how you feel. Lisa did the same thing to me last week. She's really difficult to work with. Normally I wouldn't give her the time of day, but she is the manager's secretary.
克里斯:哦,我了解你的感受。上周,丽萨也让我做了同样的事。真的很难与她一起共事。通常我都不理她,可是她是经理的秘书啊。
Li: You wouldn't give her the time of day? What time?
李:你不会把一天的时间给她?什么时间啊?
Chris: No, no… it's an expression–a negative expression. What I meant was I wouldn't normally pay attention to her. It's a bit of an unfriendly expression to use. Here are some examples:
克里斯:不是,不是……这是一个固定表达,是一个否定表达。我的意思是通常我不会理她。这是一个不太友好的表达。这里是一些例子:
After the way Dave talked about me during the meeting, I wouldn't give him the time of day.
在戴夫在会议上用那种方式和我说话以后,我就不理他了。
Politicians are all the same–they're never honest. I wouldn't give any of them the time of day.
政治家都一样,他们从来没有诚实过。我不会关注他们的。
Chris: Long ago, in Shakespeare's time, the phrase 'good time of day' was a greeting often used. These days we say 'good morning'…
克里斯:很久以前,在莎士比亚时代,good time of day这个短语是用来打招呼的。就是我们现在说的“早上好”……
Li: Or 'good afternoon'.
李:或者是“下午好”。
Chris: That's right. So to say that you wouldn't give someone the time of day means you wouldn't want to greet them or say hello. So the saying means you refuse to give someone your attention.
克里斯:没错。所以如果你不给某个人一天的时间,意思就是你不会跟他们打招呼或问候。所以这个短语的意思就是你拒绝关注某个人。
Li: Oh, I see.
李:我明白了。
Chris: But sadly we can't avoid some people in the office, no matter how hard we try!
克里斯:不过很不幸,我们无法避开办公室的一些人,无论我们多努力的尝试也没用!
Li: Well, I'd better get back to work… I've got so much to do!
李:嗯,我最好还是回去工作吧……我有特别多的工作要做!
Chris: Good luck. Let me know if you need any help.
克里斯:祝你好运。如果需要帮助尽管开口。
Li: Thanks Chris. See you later.
李:谢谢你,克里斯。一会儿见。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
annoyed

想一想再看

adj. 恼怒的;烦闷的 v. 使烦恼;打扰(annoy

 
avoid [ə'vɔid]

想一想再看

vt. 避免,逃避

联想记忆
negative ['negətiv]

想一想再看

adj. 否定的,负的,消极的
n. 底片,负

联想记忆
mental ['mentl]

想一想再看

adj. 精神的,脑力的,精神错乱的
n. 精

联想记忆
refuse [ri'fju:z]

想一想再看

v. 拒绝
n. 垃圾,废物

联想记忆
unfriendly [,ʌn'frendli]

想一想再看

adj. 不友好的;不利的 adv. 不友善地

 
phrase [freiz]

想一想再看

n. 短语,习语,个人风格,乐句
vt. 措词

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。