手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语口语 > 实战口语 > The english we speak > 正文

The english we speak(BBC教学)第55期: go down a storm深受欢迎

编辑:cherry   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Hello, I'm Kaz. And I'm Yang Li.
  • 大家好,我是卡兹。我是杨丽。
  • Hey Kaz, there is a storm raging outside - let's shut that door.
  • 嘿卡兹,外面有暴风雨在咆哮——我们关上门吧。
  • Ah that's better. Now I can ask you about your party last weekend. How did it go?
  • 啊这样好多了。现在我可以问关于你上周的派对的事了。进行的怎么样?
  • It went down a storm Li.Your party 'went down a storm.'
  • 它深受欢迎丽。你的派对“下降一个暴风雨”。
  • You mean you cancelled it because of the weather? Because of high winds and rain? Or snow?
  • 你的意思是你因为天气取消了它?因为强烈的风和雨?或者雪?
  • No, no, no Li. If something 'goes down a storm' it means it's massively successful and enjoyable - so my party went really well - it went down a storm.
  • 不不不丽。如果某事“深受欢迎”意思是它非常成功而且令人愉快——所以我的派对进行的很好——它深受欢迎。
  • People loved it?Exactly. People loved my party so I can say 'It went down a storm.'
  • 人们喜欢它?正是。人们喜欢我的派对所以我可以说“它深受欢迎”。
  • Your party went down a storm - it was incredible.That's right.
  • 你的派对深受欢迎——这令人难以置信。是的。
  • Well, Kaz, I gave a presentation yesterday.Oh OK. How did it go?
  • 卡兹,我昨天做了演讲。哦好的。怎么样?
  • It went really well, everyone loved it, it went down a storm.
  • 它进行得很好,每个人都喜欢它,它深受人们喜爱。
  • That's great Li.Yes, I'm delighted and I like today's expression. Let's listen to some more examples:
  • 这很好丽。是的,我很开心而且我喜欢今天的短语。让我们听更多的例子吧:
  • You should have seen the new band last night. They went down a storm with the audience.
  • 你本应该看昨晚的新乐队的。他们深受观众喜爱。
  • My idea for more holidays went down a storm with my colleagues.
  • 我想要更多的假期的想法深受我同事的欢迎。
  • I like the looks of this new toy. I'm sure it'll go down a storm with our customers.
  • 我喜欢这个新玩具的外表。我确定它深受我们的顾客的欢迎。
  • Kaz, you know, to me the word 'storm' has negative associations because storms are usually destructive.
  • 卡兹,你知道,对我来说“暴风雨”这个词对我来说有消极的联系因为暴风雨通常情况下是毁灭性的。
  • I agree Li but in this case it's used in a positive sense.But it is informal, right?
  • 我同意丽但是在这种情况下它用来表示积极的感情。但是这是非正式的,对吗?
  • Yes it is.So our listeners should use it with care.
  • 是的。所以我们的听众要小心使用。
  • That's right Li. So what do you think our listeners will think of today's expression?
  • 说得对丽。那么你觉得我们的听众会怎么想今天的短语?
  • I'm sure it'll go down a storm!Bye!
  • 我确信它会深受欢迎!再见!


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Kaz: Hello, I'm Kaz.

卡兹:大家好,我是卡兹。
Yang Li: And I'm Yang Li. Hey Kaz, there is a storm raging outside - let's shut that door.
杨丽:我是杨丽。嘿卡兹,外面有暴风雨在咆哮——我们关上门吧。
Yang Li: Ah that's better. Now I can ask you about your party last weekend. How did it go?
杨丽:啊这样好多了。现在我可以问关于你上周的派对的事了。进行的怎么样?
Kaz: It went down a storm Li.
卡兹:它深受欢迎丽。
Yang Li: Your party 'went down a storm.' You mean you cancelled it because of the weather? Because of high winds and rain? Or snow?
杨丽:你的派对“下降一个暴风雨”。你的意思是你因为天气取消了它?因为强烈的风和雨?或者雪?
Kaz: No, no, no Li. If something 'goes down a storm' it means it's massively successful and enjoyable - so my party went really well - it went down a storm.
卡兹:不不不丽。如果某事“深受欢迎”意思是它非常成功而且令人愉快——所以我的派对进行的很好——它深受欢迎。
Yang Li: People loved it?
杨丽:人们喜欢它?
Kaz: Exactly. People loved my party so I can say 'It went down a storm.'
卡兹:正是。人们喜欢我的派对所以我可以说“它深受欢迎”。
Yang Li: Your party went down a storm - it was incredible.
杨丽:你的派对深受欢迎——这令人难以置信。
Kaz: That's right.
卡兹:是的。
Yang Li: Well, Kaz, I gave a presentation yesterday.
杨丽:卡兹,我昨天做了演讲。
Kaz: Oh OK. How did it go?
卡兹:哦好的。怎么样?
Yang Li: It went really well, everyone loved it, it went down a storm.
杨丽:它进行得很好,每个人都喜欢它,它深受人们喜爱。
Kaz: That's great Li.
卡兹:这很好丽。
Yang Li: Yes, I'm delighted and I like today's expression. Let's listen to some more examples:
杨丽:是的,我很开心而且我喜欢今天的短语。让我们听更多的例子吧:
You should have seen the new band last night. They went down a storm with the audience.
你本应该看昨晚的新乐队的。他们深受观众喜爱。
My idea for more holidays went down a storm with my colleagues.
我想要更多的假期的想法深受我同事的欢迎。
I like the looks of this new toy. I'm sure it'll go down a storm with our customers.
我喜欢这个新玩具的外表。我确定它深受我们的顾客的欢迎。
Yang Li: Kaz, you know, to me the word 'storm' has negative associations because storms are usually destructive.
杨丽:卡兹,你知道,对我来说“暴风雨”这个词对我来说有消极的联系因为暴风雨通常情况下是毁灭性的。
Kaz: I agree Li but in this case it's used in a positive sense.
卡兹:我同意丽但是在这种情况下它用来表示积极的感情。
Yang Li: But it is informal, right?
杨丽:但是这是非正式的,对吗?
Kaz: Yes it is.
卡兹:是的。
Yang Li: So our listeners should use it with care.
杨丽:所以我们的听众要小心使用。
Kaz: That's right Li. So what do you think our listeners will think of today's expression?
卡兹:说得对丽。那么你觉得我们的听众会怎么想今天的短语?
Yang Li: I'm sure it'll go down a storm!
杨丽:我确信它会深受欢迎!
Both: Bye!
一起:再见!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
band [bænd]

想一想再看

n. 带,箍,波段
n. 队,一群,乐队

 
informal [in'fɔ:məl]

想一想再看

adj. 非正式的,不拘形式的

 
incredible [in'kredəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 难以置信的,惊人的

 
negative ['negətiv]

想一想再看

adj. 否定的,负的,消极的
n. 底片,负

联想记忆
destructive [di'strʌktiv]

想一想再看

adj. 破坏性的,有害的

联想记忆
presentation [.prezen'teiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 陈述,介绍,赠与
n. [美]讲课,报告

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。